- Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections 2018: BJP expels 52 rebels ahead of polls
- Deepika Padukone Ranveer Singh wedding LIVE Updates: DeepVeer's official photos likely to be out at this time
- Cyclone Gaja LIVE updates: Tamil Nadu on high alert, storm to make landfall today, schools in 5 districts to remain shut
Chaitra Navratri 2018 Date and Time: There are two major Navratris out of four which are thoroughly celebrated by the Hindus across the world. Devotees in large number celebrate the Chaitra Navratri and Sharad Navratri in March and October. Chaitra Navratri is lauded during the month of Vasant and Chaitra which is also the beginning of spring season. The Chaitra Navratri 2018 Dates worship nine goddesses of Navratri to get the blessings. The word Navratri means ‘Nine nights’ which is also the longest Hindu festival of the year.
During Navratri, the 9 forms of Goddess Shakti are worshipped for nine days. Devotees worship Maa Shailputri, Brahmaachaareenee, Chandraghanta, Kushmaanda, Skandmaata, Kaatyaayeenee, Kaalraatree, Mahagauri and Sidhidaatree to seek her blessings. Unlike, Chaitra and Sharad Navratri, the Gupt Navratris are celebrated secretly or without much fuss. Just like the other two grand Navratris, fasts are kept, donations and gifts are given and prayers are performed by reciting shlokas. People pay obeisance to 9 little girls by touching their feet and serving them food.
Check out the Navratri 2018 date, time, significance and puja vidhi for Chaitra Navratri 2018:
Chaitra Navratri 2018 Dates: March 18, 2018 (Sunday) to March 26, 2018 (Monday)
- Navratri Day 1 – March 18, 2018 (Sunday) – Ghatsthapana, Shailputri Puja
- Navratri (Dwitiya) – March 19, 2018 (Monday) – Gauri Teej, Brahmacharini Puja
- Navratri (Tritiya) – March 20, 2018 (Tuesday) – Chandraghanta Puja
- Navratri (Chaturthi) – March 21, 2018 (Wednesday) – Kushmanda Puja
- Navratri (Panchami) – March 22, 2018 (Thursday) – Skandamata Puja
- Navratri (Shashthi) – March 23, 2018 (Friday) – Katyayani Puja
- Navratri (Saptami) – March 24, 2018 (Saturday) – Kalratri Puja
- Navratri (Ashtami) – March 25, 2018 (Sunday) – Mahagauri Puja, Ashtami, Rama Navami
- Navratri (Navami) – March 26, 2018 (Monday) – Navaratri Parana, Siddhidatri Puja
Navratri Sandhi Puja Muhurta = 07:38 to 08:26 (Duration = 0 Hours 47 Mins)
Hindus visit mandir every day for 9 days of Chaitra Navratri. Devotees keep fast and offer prayers to 9 Goddesses and at the 9th day of the Navratri, devotees pay obeisance to nine little girls by serving them food and even a gift. After the girls are called home, people break their fast by eating aloo, puri and halva as a prashad.