Cheer up your faces on this festive season, and thank the Western Railway for the major initiatives introduced by it, to be implemented from October 1, 2015. The new Western Zone time table was released on September 29, 2015 by Shri G C Agrawal, General Manager, Western Railway at an event held at Western Railway Headquarters Office in Churchgate, Mumbai.
The new Western Zone Time Table comprises the main time table and information related to four zones- Western, Central, West Central and North West Railway.
In order to let the passengers enjoy the tidings of the festive season, Western Railway has pulled up its services to speed up its trains for a convenient and comfortable journey.
Some of the changes, made for a speedier, safer and a convenient journey are:
• SPEEDING UP OF MAINLINE TRAINS:
– A total of 42 trains with the time frame ranging from 2.35 hours to 10 minutes have been speeded up over Western Railway
– 13 trains will be speeded up by 60 minutes and more
– For the convenience of passengers, some of the other trains have also been speeded up
•THE STATUS OF SOME OF THE TRAIN WILL CHANGE FROM ORDINARY EXPRESS TO SUPERFAST EXPRESS
• TO MEET THE DEMAND OF EARLY ARRIVAL AT DESTINATION STATIONS, TIMINGS WILL BE REVISED
• ADDITIONAL COMMERCIAL HALTS TO DURONTO EXPRESS TRAINS
• SPEEDING UP OF SOME TRAINS UPTO 130KMPH
• INTRODUCTION OF NEW TRAIN
• THE TIMINGS OF PASSENGER TRAINS WHICH ARE EXTENDED FURTHER HAVE ALSO BEEN INCLUDED IN THE TIME-TABLE
• PERMANENT AUGMENTATION OF 49 COACHES IN 33 TRAINS HAVE BEEN PERMANENTLY AUGMENTED
So, light up your faces and be ready for an amazing rail travel experience.