Addressing about 1500 students at Mount Carmel in Bengaluru, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi today faced massive embarrassment after he conducted a snap poll with the students on the Modi Govt’s ‘Swachh Bharat’ and ‘Make in India’ campaigns.
Rahul was first snubbed when he asked the students, if the ‘clean your country’ program was working. The students responded with a resounding “Yes!”
He faced further embarrassment from the students when he questioned them about the success of the ‘Make in India’ campaign. This time too the students answered with a loud “Yes.”
Rahul later defended himself by saying that he received a mix response during his interactions with the students. Some agreed with him while some others did not.
BJP spokesperson Sambit Patra reacted on Rahul’s faux pas and said, “Rahul Gandhi does not know about the realities of the country. His ignorance was snubbed by the young students of this country today.”
BJP leader Sudesh Verma said, “Only if the congress would have understood the dynamics of economics, probably they would have done much better. If you want to have ‘Make in India; if you want to develop this country, then you need to invest, because we don’t have the massive investment which is required. PM Modi has created confidence amongst the Indian Diaspora”.
BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi also reacted over Rahul’s snap poll and said, “I am sure the students have responded really well to all the false propaganda that they are indulging in”.
Nalin Kohli said, “The youth clearly showed the mirror to Rahul.”
Defending Rahul Gandhi his party said, “Rahul showed focus on real issues”.
Here are some highlights of Rahul Gandhi’s Mt Carmel address:
· Women empowerment is necessary in this country and they should stand up against domestic violence.
· My vision of India is what people of India want.
· I don’t believe only PM Modi can transform India; the ‘suit-boot’ is failing India’s aspirations
· We are ready for debate on GST bill.
· Government doesn’t pay heed to FTII students’ concerns.
· 15 biggest investors expressed dissatisfaction with Modi govt.For all the latest National News, download NewsX App