The Sydney Ground on March 26 would certainly be full of thrill and excitement as two exceptionally shining teams India and Australia will play their last match towards the road leading to World Cup Final.
Both India and Australia have shown their magnificent sides in this World Cup series so far. While India has not lost any match in this season, Australia on the other hand excels as the four time champions.
With seven back-to-back wins in World Cup 2015, the confidence of the ‘Men in Blue’ is certainly high. Key men for Thursday could be Virat Kohli and R. Ashwin.
Let’s have an analysis on the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunity and Threat (SWOT) with MS Dhoni’s men.
• The top four players of the Indian Cricket Team have consistently managed 200+
• Captain Dhoni and others can take it to 275-280 easily
• Dhoni’s men certainly have the ability to remain cool under serious pressure
• Wise captaincy is one of the key strengths of the team.
• The bowling, fielding and catches have shown positive results so far.
• Ashwin capable of holding Australian batting in middle overs
• Pacers to be proactive to take wickets constantly.
• Ravindra Jadeja has not been able to click with bat and ball
• The team has a tendency to collapse in lower order
• One of the major opportunities for team India is that Ausssie are still a ‘work-in progress’ team
• It is possible that they can fall against exact pace
• Starc is the only player among wickets
• The team lacks recognized spinners
• The Sydney ground is likely to help Indian spinners.
• The Aussies have not faced defeat in any World Cup Semi-Final
• Aussies are expected to smash a big score if wickets are not taken in time
• Mitchell Johnson coming to form is a major threat for the Indian Cricket Team at the Worlc Cup Semi Final 2015.
• Chasing >250 and Scores < 280 can be an issue.