BENGALURU: On the concluding of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) National Executive on Saturday, the saffron party is likely to pull up its plans for a mega counter campaign to fight ‘anti-farmer’ tag labelled by the Opposition on the controversial land bill which is the central agenda of the Narendra Modi government.
Here are the highlights if the second and the final day of the BJP’s National Executive:
- Union minister Nitin Gadkari presenting a power point presentation at the NE meet today highlighted how the government’s land bill scores over its predecessor Congress-led UPA’s version.
- Apart from this, Transport minister Nitin Gadkari also announced a mega outreach map where a team of national and state-level leaders from the BJP will travel across India to dismiss doubts and fears that new land bill will only profit industry and not the farmers.
- As a part of the counter-campaign, the BJP is likely to announce a mass-contact programme and a series of rallies over next three months.
- The party will also use some power-point presentations and booklets focusing on its strategy to handle the Opposition party Congress over the land bill.
- The Congress that has attacked the BJP government massively over the land ordinance will hold a mega rally on April 19 which is likely to see the presence of its Vice-President Rahul Gandhi, which according to BJP is missing.