NEW DELHI: After a big victory in the recently concluded Delhi Assembly Elections, the second most important member of the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) after Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia speaks exclusively to NewsX on their plans and agendas.
43-year-old Sisodia who is all set to take the oath as the Deputy Chief Minister of Delhi on Saturday stated that AAP is overwhelmed with the mandate and the confidence the people of Delhi have shown in the party.
Here are the highlights of the complete interview:
- People have shown too much of confidence in us.
- We are overwhelmed with the mandate.
- Initially, we could not believe of winning 67 seats but later in the evening when we had a meeting of the newly elected MLAs, we realized the number was actually 67.
- However, we were confident of full majority in favour of AAP.
- We have 67 MLAs now who would work towards the development of Delhi.
- The people of Delhi have authorized those 67 MLAs to work for them.
- It is the willpower of the people that AAP has got 67 seats.
- The central government will have to cooperate with us as if they do not support us on the points in favour of the people, the general public would get against them, not us.
- We will opt for dharna again, if need be.
- The budget of the Delhi government is 40, 000 crore.
- The power tariffs would automatically come down once there is an end to corruption.
- Subsidy is not the ultimate solution; the ultimate solution is the audit of CAG.
- CAG audit is stuck on bureaucracy.
- If BJP had not stopped, the CAG audit would have been at another level today.
- If officers like Sanjeev Chaturvedi are brought in the anti-corruption wing of Delhi, the anti-corruption wing will become more powerful and will work more efficiently.
- After taking the oath, once we are officially sitting at the government and the procedures at the Delhi Assemblybegin, then we would discuss over the Leader of Opposition (LoP).
- As of now, soon after taking the oath, our main focus is the 70 point agenda. What is the plan of action on it is the main focus.
- We will decide about LoP once it comes to us.