NEW DELHI: After winning an impressive mandate, Arvind Kejriwal takes oath as Delhi’s Chief Minister at the Ramlila Maidan on Saturday exactly a year after he quit as Chief Minister within 49 days.
Unlike the last time, Kejriwal did not take the Metro for the swearing-in ceremony. Around 3,000 security personnel was deployed at the venue had secured the stage where Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung administerd the oathto Kejriwal and six others. 50 CCTV cameras and 12 LCD screens were also added to the venue.
AAP sources confirmed that the party had sent a list of its Cabinet nominees to the Lieutenant Governor‘s office on Thursday including Manish Sisodia as Deputy Chief Minister and five other names.
Stay here for the live updates:
12:40 PM: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal addresses supporters after taking oath at Ramlila Maidan
- We have got immense support from people, says Kejriwal
- This is a government of ‘Aam Aadmi’
- Congress, BJP lost in polls due to arrogance, says Delhi new CM Kejriwal
- I will serve Delhiites for full five years, says Arvind Kejriwal while addressing the supporters
- AAP leaders, MLAs, Ministers should not be arrogant, says Kejriwal
- Everyone voted for the AAP in the elections: Arvind Kejriwal
- Delhi will be safe for all communities, says Kejriwal
- I respect Kiran Bedi and she is like my elder sister, says Kejriwal
- We will focus on Delhi only, won’t contest polls elsewhere, says Delhi CM
- Will make Delhi a World class city, says Kejriwal while supporting supporters after taking oath
- BJP promised statehood, it’s a golden opportunity for us, says Kejriwal
- Centre-State has to work only for the people: Kejriwal
- Let me run Delhi, PM can focus on the entire country: Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal concludes his speech after singing the same song “Insaan ka Insaan se ho bhaichara, Yehi Paigam Hamara” that had sung in his last swearing-in ceremony and asks people to sing with him.
12:32 PM: Gopal Rai takes oath as cabinet Minister in Delhi Assembly and will handle Transport and Labour Ministry
12:30 PM: Satyendra Jain takes oath as minister and will handle Health Ministry
12:28 PM: Sandeep Kumar takes oath and will handle Women Welfare Ministry
12:20 PM: Asim Ahmed Khan takes oath and will handle Food Ministry
12:18 PM: Manish Sisodia takes oath as Deputy CM
12:15 PM: Arvind Kejriwal takes oath as Delhi Chief Minister
12:05 PM: Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung arrives at Ramlila Maidan
12:00 PM: Massive crowd welcome Arvind Kejriwal on the stage
11:50 AM: Arvind Kejriwal arrives at Ramlila Maidan for swearing-in ceremony
11:40 AM: Arvind Kejriwal will surely deliver. We have a comprehensive program, says Gul Panag
11:20 AM: Arvind Kejriwal leaves residence with Manish Sisodia for the swearing-in ceremony at Ramlila Maidan.
10:40 AM: One lakh people to attend swearing-in ceremony at Ramlila Maidan.
10:30 AM: Around 50,000 chairs were placed at Ramlila Maidan
10:15 AM: Actor Jaaved Jaafri shared a image on Twitter with Arvind Kejriwal and quoted ‘With the man before the big moment’.
10:07 AM: Manish Sisodia reaches Kejriwal’s residence
10:00 AM: AAP’s Kumar Vishwas, Ashish Khetan arrive at Arvind Kejriwal’s residence
9:50 AM: Former IPS Officer Kiran Bedi who was the Chief Ministerial candidate of the Bhartiya Janata Party (BJP) in the Delhi Assembly Elections 2015 tweeted ahead of Kejriwal’s swearing-in ceremony, saying today is a day of celebration & reflection. India is the real winner.
9:12 AM: MHA asks Kejriwal to submit in writing his reason for refusing Z-plus security
9:10 AM: AAP vows to re-probe graft cases against Sheila Dikshit and Mukesh Ambani
9:05 AM: Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai likley to get key ministries
9:00 AM: According to the reports, Delhi Chief Minister designate Arvind Kejriwal is unwell and two doctors have arrived at Arvind Kejriwal’s residence for check up
8:55 AM: Security tightened ahead of Kejriwal’s oath taking ceremony
8:40 AM: Delhi Chief Minister designate Arvind Kejriwal refuses to accept the Z-security.