Bangalore: The wait is finally over for the students who have appeared for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016 as the results has been declared. The candidates who had appeared for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016 exam can now check their results online.
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore announced the results of Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016 on Friday 18 March which was supposed to be announced on March 19. Students can now check their results and download their GATE 2016 scorecard.
Steps to get quick access to your GATE 2016 results are as follows:
1.The steps to check the GATE 2016 results are simple. Log onto the official website www.gate.iisc.ernet.in and click on GATE 2016 Results in Post Exam.
2. Enter necessary details such as your roll number and your date of birth. Submit the details and the results will appear on your screen.
3. Check thoroughly and take a print out of the PDF copy of your GATE 2016 scorecard.
The GATE 2016 examination was held on January 30, January 31, February 6 and February 7, 2016 for various branches. The candidates qualifying in this exam can only be eligible for Admission into PG Courses like M.Tech, M.S etc.
The GATE 2016 examination was conducted by by Indian Institute of Science (IISC), Bangalore Board on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development by the Government of India.
This year 971,831 candidates had registered and applied for GATE 2016 exam, out of which 818,850 appeared in the exam; 57,661 male candidates and 242,207 female candidates.
The list of toppers from various branches is as follows:
1. Ashok Bansal – All India Rank 1 in Mechanical Engineering
2. Swapnil Pandey – All India Rank 1 in Instrumentation Engineering
3. Jaya Jha – All India Rank 1 in Electronics and Communication Engineering
4. Deepak R – All India Rank 2 in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
5. Shubham Neema – All India Rank 4 in Instrumentation Engineering