New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi over the Pathankot attack after Pakistan Joint Investigation Team (JIT) on Monday said the January 2 Pathankot attack was staged by India to defame Pakistan.
In his criticism for Modi, Kejriwal said, “No Prime Minister in 65 years has surrendered to Pakistan like PM Modi has. We have been saying that ISI was perpetrating terrorism but after calling them to probe the Pathankot attacks, how can we now ask US or any other nation to act against ISI. By calling ISI officials to investigate Pathankot attack, the Modi government has given them a clean chit.
National Security Advisor Ajit Doval in December had sent several dossiers to his Pakistani counterpart in relation to the Parliament Attacks, 26/11 Mumbai attacks and several others explaining Pakistan’s ISI involvement. Kejriwal also said that the Modi government has betrayed ‘Bharat Mata’ and should apologise for it.
“We have said it earlier during Delhi Assembly’s session that after probing Pathankot attack, ISI will say that there was no proof against Pakistan in the attacks. RSS and BJP keep chanting ‘Bharat Mata ki Jai’ and then invite ISI to India for probe and stab the motherland in the back. It is called “muh mein Ram baghal mein Churi,” added Kejriwal.
All parties were against the joint probe as ISI was involved. The very organisation that carried out the attack was invited to probe it. Pakistan media reports have made the JIT’s intentions clear.
Earlier during the day, Pakistan media quoted a member of JIT who had visited Pathankot airbase last week and said that the attack was nothing but a viscous propaganda against Pakistan as Indian authorities did not have any evidence to back their claims.