New Delhi: On a busy day for Congress and BJP in the Rajya Sabha, both parties locked horns over the multi-million dollar AgustaWestland scam. We bring to you some of the political anecdotes which surely soared the temperature of the House.
MANOHAR PARRIKAR, BJP
• AM Singhvi ji almost convinced me with his argument
• Country wants to know as to who instigated, supported and benefited from corruption, We can’t let this pass
• Fact that there was corruption in matter is brought out in extensive details in recent judgments of Milan court
• Single vendor situation was created with a purpose by UPA govt so that Agusta could become the final vendor
• Italian court says there’s proof of malicious intent
• There was corruption in Agusta deal. Congress must tell who benefited from deal
• Bid of #AgustaWestland should have been rejected outright. It had no OEM capabilities. Trial outside India & not on AW 101
• Instead of making SQR more broad based, narrowed down further, resulted in single vendor. EC 225 eliminated (met all SQR)
• Italian court said there are omissions at many stages; deal was cancelled by govt of India under advice of CAG
AM Singhvi (Cong):
• Here is an insecure ruling party trying to foist a charge of corruption on persons unconnected.
• Shaakhon se toot jaye wo patte nahi hain hum, aandhiyon se keh do apni aukat mei rahein.
BSP Supremo, Mayawati:
• Supreme Court must oversee the entire investigation process of Agusta
• Names of the influential people involved in Agusta scam should come to the fore
TMC leader Sukhendu Shekhar Roy:
• Agusta scam might be a connivance of BJP and Congress.
• Constitutional immunity must not be used to camouflage a corrupt politician
Subramanian Swamy (BJP):
• In the next three years we will find out the names of the people who got the money from Agusta Scam.
• I will come down and I will authenticate the letter.
• Ministers and officials named in scams can be prosecuted under the Prevention of Corruption Act in Agusta.
AK Antony (Congress):
• Our Government believed in zero corruption in defence
• The CAG report states, that I objected in 2008: AK Antony
• We blacklisted 6 companies at one go