Impossible word is not in your dictionary mom, you made all my wishes come true and today I take this opportunity to say ‘thank you’!
The world will be celebrating the Mother’s day on Sunday, the 8th May. While gift shops are stocked with goodies, certain multi-brand stores are offering huge discounts on the occasion. Greeting cards are the most popular picks and the latest Mothers’ Day collection is already in stores. Here are the top gifting ideas that can give your mother some more moments of joy!
1) A self-made greeting card (Trust us! rather than buying one from the gift shop nearby, the one you draw up would make her cherish that moment throughout her life; even if you are an adult).
2) Try teaming up with her and cook a meal together! (This is bound to bring a twinkling smile on her face)
3) If your mother is fond of reading, an e-reader can probably be the best gift for her.
4) Object locator – Gifting an object locator can be a wonderful idea. Object locators are battery operated. All that is required is sticking the small unit on her things and pressing the colour-coordinated button when you need to find a particular object like keys or ear-rings etc. It can be a real time and hassle saver for your mom, especially when she is multi-tasking to get the family’s affairs in order!
5) A mother’s list of ‘home appliances to buy’ can never be over and your mother is probably no different. This Mother’s Day you can check some items off her list by gifting a soup-maker or an air fryer or even a coffee maker.
6) With so many battery powered gadgets around, a power bank will definitely make a great gift item. There are a plethora of options available both online and offline.
7) If you are living away from your mother, there is no better gift than writing and not e-mailing her letter, which we doubt you must have really done in the recent past.
Additionally, digital brands are making most of the Mother’s Day. Brands have pulled up campaigns targeting new age mothers and their interests:
1) The eCommerce fashion retailer, Faballey has ventured with the campaign #GraciasMOM on the occasion. The brand is offering a free customized gift card and scarf to be sent to moms on a purchase of INR 1000 or above.
2) Croma has launched a Women’s Online Shopping Festival #WOSF introducing deals and offers to its female consumer.
3) E-retailers like Jabong and Amazon have special discount offers on cakes and flowers.
4) Phoolwala.com has introduced a variety of gifting options for its customers to choose from.
5) Vanity Cube, a home based beauty service is running special discounts on beauty packages.
Happy Mother’s Day!!!