NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday attended the Buddha Purnima celebrations at Talkatora stadium in New Delhi.
PM Modi then addressed the gathering attended by ambassadors, MPs, Buddhist monks across the country.
Here are the highlights of Modi’s speech:
• PM Modi endorses Buddha teachings on International Buddha Purnima Day
• We will wipe tears of earthquake victims of Nepal
• I pray that earthquake victims don’t suffer
• Buddha’s teachings are very relevant in today’s time
• Need to follow Buddha’s path for freedom from ‘Yudha’
• We must pursue the path of compassion
• Buddha leads the path to peace
• Power of compassion inspired Buddha to leave luxury
• Imagine the courage to leave everything for humanity
• Only Buddha’s teachings can make us world leaders
• Buddha’s land of Nepal is troublesome times
• Without Buddha, 21st century can’t be Asia’s century