New Delhi: Pakistan on Thursday asked for more evidences from India regarding the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks. The Pakistani foreign secretary wrote to the Indian to provide more evidence on the attack so that the trial is completed.
“Our foreign secretary has written to India’s foreign secretary to provide more evidence so that Mumbai case trial is completed. The response from the Indian side is still awaited,” foreign office spokesman Nafees Zakaria told media.
Zakaria said that the only means to resolve the matter was dialogue.
“It has been said many times earlier that peace talks is the only way forward for relations between Pakistan and India,” he said.
Earlier, an anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Pakistan has ruled to press abetment to murder charges against Zaki-ur-Rahman Lakhvi and six others on each of the 166 people killed in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
In Nov 2008, 10 members of Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out a series of blasts across the state, killing 164 people and wounding at least 308.