New Delhi: Speaking on the issue of demonetisation, that has crippled the common man, at the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) parliamentary meet on Tuesday, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that the government had a thought over it for long before taking the decision. He also said that the government needed a lot of courage to take it.
Reiterating the government’s stand to the opposition which is creating an uproar in the Winter Session of the Parliament thereby obstructing the smooth functioning of the Houses, Jaitley said, “We are ready for discussion on demonetisation. We have said it many times.”
Here are the highlights of Finance Minister Arun Jaitley’s speech:
* The entire nation has welcomed this decision; it’s a historic step.
Poora desh iska swagat kar raha hai, ye ek etihasaik kadam hai: FM Arun Jaitley
* Digital economy will also get a boost by this decision.
* Demonetisation will help in eradicating poverty, it’s a step for the benefit of the nation
Note-bandi se ghareebi mitane mein madad milegi, ye faisla desh ke hith mein hai: FM Arun Jaitley
* For next few weeks we are planning to focus on agricultural sector. Rabi season is also coming.
* Some people saying even Finance Minister did not know of this decision, and then they say the party knew beforehand. How can they blame the party?
* By stopping the ‘normal’ of last 70 years, PM Modi has created a new ‘normal’.