New Delhi: In a shocking incident, nine people died in the Latur district of Maharashtra on Monday after inhaling poisonous gas while they were cleaning a chemical tank.
Four workers had gone to clean the chemical tank of an oil mill in Latur industrial area and when they didn’t come back, the mill authorities sent five other workers for their search but none returned.
After few hours, the authorities themselves rushed to the spot where they found the workers lying in a state of unconsciousness.
According to reports, the workers died due to the poisonous gases formed after chemicals in the tank reacted to the cleansing solution.
An enquiry had been ordered into the matter.