In an exclusive conversation with Poulami Saha of NewsX, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis shares the reason behind the BJP-Shiv Sena break-up in Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC), corruption in BMC during Sena regime, BJP-Sena alliance in State, possibilities of alliance with NCP and other issues.
Throwing some light on the BMC elections in Maharashtra after the alliance break-up with Shiv Sena, Devendra Fadnavis said, “Sena has tried to polarise Marathi voters. Now they are feared that they will lose BJP’s vote bank of Gujarati/Marwaris etc. Why the turnaround from talking acidic about them? Achievement of my government is no attack on non-Marathis.”
Clarifying over BJP-Shiv Sena alliance break-up, the Chief Minister said, “Didn’t anticipate the break-up, but got a sense that they (Shiv Sena) weren’t comfortable with transparency.”
Speaking on Maharashtra government and on its stability after alliance break-up with Sena in BMC, the Chief Minister said that he was sure the government will survive.
“I am pretty sure that this government will survive. In the state, Sena-BJP will continue to be together,” Fadnavis added.
Here are the highlights of Devendra Fadnavis’s interview to NewsX:
• Sena didn’t want transparency, hence the alliance didn’t survive: Devendra Fadnavis
• I’m not looking for any partners as of now. Won’t partner with NCP: Devendra Fadnavis, on possibilities over allying with Nationalist Congress Party
• Congress-Sena in cahoots in BMC: Maharashtra CM
• Past 7 years, BMC standing committee sitting on audit reports: Fadnavis
• I maintained dignity during campaign. I didn’t make a single derogatory remark: Devendra Fadnavis
• He is a disaster: Fadnavis on Hardik Patel (Activist fighting for Patel cast reservation in government services in Gujarat)
• Haan, main meri aukat dikhaaonga: Devendra Fadnavis