Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday spoke at a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rally in Imphal, Manipur. The northeastern state will witness two phases of the election which will be on March 4 and March 8. Many Congress MLAs have shifted their camps to BJPs with the perception that the lotus will bloom in the northeastern state.
The rally takes place as insurgents have called for a curfew from 6 AM on Saturday. An economic blockade imposed by the United Naga Council has also impacted the life of the people in the state.
- Naga accord was signed one and half years ago. Was Congress asleep that time? And, now they are spreading lies
- Ab Manipur ko 10% wala Mukhyamantri nahi, 0% wala Mukhyamantri chahiye
- Shayad desh mein kisi Mukhyamantri ke liye percentage ki baat nahi hoti, desh mein kahin 10% CM suna hai kabhi?
- There will never be an economic blockade when BJP comes to power in Manipur, I assure you this
- Sikkim ek chhota sa Rajya badi tezi se vikaas kar raha hai, lekin jahan Congress ki sarkar hai wahan vikaas nahi ho raha hai
- Those who cannot ensure peace in the state have no right to govern Manipur. They made brothers here fight each other
- When Atal ji formed Government, he made policies for overall development of Northeast. But Congress did not carry the good work forward
- Since last 40 years no PM of the country came to North-East for NEC Meeting. After Morarji Desai I am the only one who visited
- Wherever Congress is in power there is no development, there is only corruption
- What they (Congress) did not do in last 15 years, I assure we will do it in 15 months
- Congress 15 saal se Manipur main satta main hai; Kuch kaam dikhta hai kya? Manipur ko barbaad kar diya gaya
- It has been 15 years, Manipur has been ruined. Who is responsible? Congress did no development,do they deserve to be here now?
- Until North-East does not progress, the country’s progress will never be complete
- In 2014 when I was PM candidate, there was a rally at same place, but even half the ground was not occupied. Today its packed with crowd.
— ANI (@ANI_news) February 25, 2017