Separatist leader and chairman of the Awami Action Committee Mirwaiz Farooq in a shocking fashion decided to back the terrorists by sending shocking waves towards the Indian Army.    

Delivering a fiery speech at the Friday congressional prayers inside the Jamia Masjid in Nowhatta area, Mirwaiz Umer said: “Aggression and repression can never resolve issues but only aggravate them.

Farooq said that if the Indian Army kills 1 armed youth, 10 more will stand up as they are ready to pick up the gun.

The separatist leader said that each day young educated boys are being killed and there is a belief in some that when all of them are killed, the problem will be over.

During his speech, Mirwaiz said that these boys took up arms as a reaction to repression for the resolution of dispute and as long as there is repression and state response they will continue to do so. 

“As long as there is repression and force as the State response, you may kill one (militant) but 10 more will stand up. Killing them (militants) is no solution as is evident from the huge attendance at their funerals.

“Those who think the Kashmir problem can be resolved by killing militants must understand that militancy is a reaction to repression,” he added.

The leader of the moderate wing of Hurriyat Conference said the people of Jammu and Kashmir were waiting for a final resolution of their political problem which alone, he added, will end their suffering.

He said a resolution of the issue was possible provided there was willingness to accept facts with “compassion, humanity and mutual respect”.

Backing the terrorist Farooq further said that ‘while you may kill one, 10 more will stand up’.   

The hardline senior separatist leader, Syed Ali Shah Geelani, continues to undergo treatment in the super specialty Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences in Srinagar where he was admitted after he complained of abdominal pain and weakness.

Another separatist leader, Muhammad Yasin Malik, who heads the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF), was released from detention last week.