Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday addressed the nation via his 36th edition of ‘Mann Ki Baat’ programme. The much hyped radio show completed its three remarkable years today.
On the occasion of 3 years of ‘Mann Ki Baat’, PM Modi mentioned that ‘Mann Ki Baat’ has provided unique opportunity to connect with feelings & positive energy.
Below are the highlights of PM Modi’s ‘Mann ki Baat’ speech:
- I get so much feedback for Mann Ki Baat. Naturally, I am not able to refer to all of it but the inputs given help us in the Government.
- I have tried to keep politics away from Mann Ki Baat and focused on common man.
- We must be conscious of consuming only as much as we need and see to it that there is no wastage of food.
- This Gandhi Jayanti, let us buy a Khadi product and light the lamp of prosperity in the lives of the poor.
- Selfie with daughter campaign initiated new confidence and pride among daughters; parents wanted to click selfies with daughters.
- I am delighted to see the support towards ‘Swachhata Hi Seva’ movement. People are actively contributing towards Swachh Bharat.
- I congratulate 18-yr-old Bilal Dar,who has been made brand ambassador for cleanliness by Srinagar municipal corporation for cleaning the Dal Lake.
- There will be value addition in tourism when we travel not as a visitor but also like a student and make efforts to assimilate and adapt other culture.
- I urge people, specially youngsters to discover the wonders of Incredible India in the coming months.
- Let us become a student to know the incredible diversity of India.
- From Mahatma Gandhi to Sardar Patel, we have had many great leaders who gave us clear direction towards 20th and 21st century.
- India’s former President Shriman Abdul Kalamji used to speak of Nanaji’s contribution in rural development while talking to youth.
- In next Mann Ki Baat, I will mention Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel but on 31stOct,Run For Unity, Ek Bharat Shreshth Bharat will be organised.
- Sardar Patel unified the nation. Let us always preserve this unity.
- On pious occasion of Navratri, I convey best wishes to countrymen & pray to Maa Shakti to let our country attain newer heights
- May nation move forward & may year 2022 – 75 years of India’s Independence be an attempt to realize dreams of our freedom fighters.
In the 35th edition of Mann Ki Baat, PM Modi had strictly said that violence in the name of faith will not be tolerated. He referred to the violence in Haryana that broke out after Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim was convicted in a rape.