The Supreme Court is likely to announce the landmark verdict of Ayodhya anytime soon. Ahead of this historic verdict, the Chief Justice of India (CJI) Ranjan Gogoi is likely to hold a meeting with the top Uttar Pradesh government and police officers today to ascertain the law and order situation in the state. UP District Magistrates and divisional commissioners will also remain present in the high-level meeting.
Meanwhile, the civil society and members of several Hindu and Muslim groups have appealed for peace in Ayodhya. Security has been tightened in the holy city ahead of the SC verdict. As many as 4,000 additional forces have been sent to Ayodhya.
The Centre and the Yogi Adityanath-led BJP government in Uttar Pradesh have taken the following measures to maintain law and order and communal harmony in Ayodhya.
- Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi is set to meet top officials of Uttar Pradesh to discuss the maintaining of the law and order in Uttar Pradesh ahead of the Ayodhya verdict, reports said on Friday. The Chief Justice will meet the UP chief secretary and police chief at noon on Friday, to discuss the arrangements ahead of the long-awaited verdict over the land dispute in Ayodhya.
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath conducted a meeting with the top police and administration of Uttar Pradesh on Thursday night in Lucknow. The UP CM directed to maintain officials all the security measures ahead of the landmark verdict. In the meeting, the state’s top civil and police officials, district magistrates, and divisional commissioners were present to discuss the strategy of maintaining peace and harmony in the state ahead of the verdict.
- All senior district officials have been asked to visit villages and smaller towns in their district and hold meetings with the locals to maintain peace at any cost. The UP government has cancelled their leaves earlier.
- Two helicopters have been kept ready at Lucknow and Ayodhya. An official said the helicopters will be used in case of an emergency.
- Uttar Pradesh’s government is conducting ariel surveillance with the help of drone cameras in Ayodhya. Ayodhya Circle officer Arvind Chaurasia said they have deployed drones in Nageswarnath, Nayaghat, Hanumankupa road, Ram ki Paidi among others in the district.