Priyanka Gandhi Vadra, Rahul Gandhi, Jyotiraditya Scindia hold Congress roadshow in Lucknow: Congress General Secretary for Uttar Pradesh East Priyanka Gandhi Vadra accompanied by her brother and party president Rahul Gandhi and party General Secretary for Uttar Pradesh West Jyotiraditya Scindia, has hold a mega roadshow in Lucknow too woo voters ahead of the 2019 Lok Sabha Elections. The 12-km-long roadshow will pass through Hazratganj, Alam Bagh, Lal Bagh and culminate at Nehru Bhawan in Lucknow. The rally is expected to last for six hours.
Speaking on The Hindu report, ahead of the roadshow in Lucknow, Congress President Rahul Gandhi on Monday said it is clear that the Prime Minister Narendra Modi facilitated loot by removing the anti-corruption clause in the Rafale fighter jet deal signed with the French government because every defence deal has an anti-corruption clause.
Here are the highlights of the Congress roadshow:
– Priyanka Gandhi Vadra and Rahul Gandhi paid floral tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Babasaheb Ambedkar in Lucknow.
– In Lucknow, Rahul Gandhi said the ‘chowkidaar’ stole money from Uttar Pradesh, other states and Air Force. UP is the heart of the country and the Congress will play on front-foot in the state. Scindia, Priyanka and he won’t rest until a government of Congress’ ideology is formed in the state, he added.
– Ahead of her rally in Lucknow, Priyanka made a Twitter debut and amassed more than 35,000 followers.
– Earlier she had released a 30-second audiotape and urged the voters of Uttar Pradesh to join her for the new future of Uttar Pradesh with a new kind of politics. Congress claimed that the audio message was sent to more than 70, 000, 00 party workers.
– Posters depicting Priyanka as Goddess Durga and Indira Gandhi II have also surfaced in Uttar Pradesh.
– In the next three days, Priyanka will hold closed-door meetings with Congress MPs, MLAs, party office bearers, city presidents and district-level leaders, reports said.
– Issuing a press release on Sunday, Priyanka condemned the hooch tragedy which claimed several lives in Uttar Pradesh and Uttarakhand and expressed her condolences to the family members of the deceased.
– Congress president Rahul Gandhi is expected to address the two-day Rashtriya Maha Adhiveshan on February 14, 2019. All India Congress Seva Dal members will attend the meeting. The party will garner support from Seva Dal members, fellow Congressmen and like-minded people to fight fascist and corrupt forces in the country, and Indian National Congress communique said on Sunday.
Three-cornered contest in Uttar Pradesh?
Uttar Pradesh is set for a three-cornered contest as the Congress launched Mission UP for Lok Sabha 2019 polls. Priyanka Gandhi has earned a place for the Congress party in a political battle of Uttar Pradesh which sends 80 parliamentarians in Lok Sabha, more than any other state in the country. Last month, SP and BSP announced their alliance for the 2019 polls, leaving no space for the Congress party.
'Nation's Chowkidar stolen money from Uttar Pradesh'
In a scathing attack at PM Modi, Rahul Gandhi said nation's Chowkidar stolen money from Uttar Pradesh, other states and India Air Force to benefit his friend Anil Ambani in the Rafale deal. The Congress president said he along with Priyanka Gandhi and Jyotiraditya Scindia won't rest until a government of Congress' ideology is formed in Uttar Pradesh.
Rahul Gandhi in Lucknow: Nation's 'chowkidaar' stole money from Uttar Pradesh, other states, & Air Force. 'Chowkidaar chor hai'. UP is the heart of the country. We'll play on front-foot. Scindia Ji, Priyanka Ji & I won't rest until a govt of Congress' ideology is formed here. pic.twitter.com/Q9skuFruqc— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) February 11, 2019
Priyanka Gandhi will fight against injustice by Yogi Adityanath government
Congress president Rahul Gandhi said Priyanka Gandhi and Jyotiraditya Scindia - general secretaries of Uttar Pradesh - will fight against the injustice done by the current Uttar Pradesh government. For the first time, the Congress party has split organisational responsibilities of politically vital Uttar Pradesh which sends 80 parliamentarians in Lok Sabha.
Rahul Gandhi raises Chowkidar Chor Hai slogan at Priyanka's roadshow in Lucknow
At Priyanka Gandhi's roadshow in Lucknow, Rahul Gandhi raised his oft-used slogan Chowkidar Chor hai to attack Prime Minister Narendra on financial irregularities in the Rafale deal. Latest revelations on Rafale deal by a media publication has given a boost to Congress' campaign as Lok Sabha elections are just a few months away.