On Tuesday, a National Security Guard (NSG) commando shot his wife and his sister-in-law and later committed suicide by shooting himself. The gun fire is said to have taken place in a fit of rage. The NSG commando was living in the NSG residential colony in Manesar camp. The commando, who died on the spot, was identified as Jitender Singh Yadav, 34. However, the medical reports suggested that his wife and his sister-in-law are in stable condition and are being treated at a nearby hospital.

The commando’s suicide was confirmed by the post-mortem reports. The wife, who is said to be stable now, is yet to record her statement with the police. As per preliminary investigations, it was found that Jitender Singh Yadav hailed from Sarai village in Kanpur district of Uttar Pradesh. As per official reports, Yadav had joined NSG two years ago on the deputation of 5 years. The incident was reported at around 6 am on Tuesday morning. As per sources, the neighbours said that they heard loud noises before the gun shots.

Commenting on the incident, an investigating officer said that when we reached the spot all three were lying on the floor of their flat at NSG camp. He said, “After we reached the spot, we found all three lying on the floor. It appeared during investigation that Jitendra had shot his wife Gudan and sister-in-law Khusboo, 18, following some argument, and then shot himself on the head with an automatic service pistol.” Speaking about the condition of wife and sister-in-law, Dr Suresh Chabbra, said, “The women were brought in around 7am and are currently being treated. The wife had a lung perforation and a fracture in her pelvic bone. The sister-in-law’s large intestine was punctured. Both have been operated and are under observation. We’ll only be able to comment on their state with certainty after 48 hours.”

Reacting on the incident, NSG spokesperson Rakesh Singh said Yadav was on deputation in their radio department. He further said, “Yadav was a good worker and had no professional tiffs.”He was on night duty on Monday and returned home early in the morning.” According to reports, the NSG commando used his service weapon, a Heckler & Koch MP5 9mm sub-machine gun for killing.

For all the latest National News, download NewsX App