Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday visited Vadnagar, which is his hometown in Gujarat, for the first time after taking the responsibility of the top job of the country. Prime Minister Modi during his visit to his hometown Vadnagar, took to his twitter account and said “coming back to one’s home town and receiving such a warm welcome is special. Whatever I am today is due to the values I have learnt on this soil, among you all in Vadnagar.” PM Modi also addressed a public rally in Vadnagar and spoke on various issue related to cleanliness, health, development and about previous governments.
Highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s public address in Vadnagar, Gujarat
- I go back with your blessings and assure you that I will work even harder for the nation.
- I am happy that I have got to inaugurate projects relating to the health sector, particularly Intensified Mission Indradhanush
- We brought prices of stents down. Work is constantly being done to make healthcare affordable for the poor
- It was during the times of Atal Bihari Vajpayee’s-led government when a health policy was formulated in the our country. However, after that a government came which used to hate development.
- Doctors and good food may or may not guarantee good health, but cleanliness does.
- We brought prices of stents down. Work is constantly being done to make healthcare affordable for the poor.
Earlier on October 7, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on the first day of his two-day Gujarat visit had laid the foundation stone for a couple of developmental projects in the state. PM Modi laid the foundation stone of a bridge between Okha and Bet Dwarka in Gujarat on Saturday. Speaking at the foundation ceremony event, PM Modi said, “I see Gujarat contributing actively to the development of India and congratulate the Gujarat Government.”