After Supreme Court ordered Karnataka Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar not to take any decision on the disqualification or resignation of 10 rebel MLAs until July 16, Chief Minister H D Kumaraswamy has said that he would seek a trust vote in the Assembly in the face of crisis. Reports said CM H D Kumaraswamy also met the Speaker KR Ramesh at a business advisory council meeting and had asked him to schedule a confidence motion for next week in the state Assembly. If the resignations are accepted, the Congress-JD(S) coalition govt will slip below the half-way mark and would fail to clear the floor test.
The 10 rebel MLAs approached to apex court while seeking a direction to Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar to accept the resignations. After the resignation of 2 more Independent MLAs. Since July 7, the list has reached 16. On Friday, Congress moved its MLAs to Taj Yeshwantpur in Bengaluru.
Congress leader DK Shivakumar has visited the residence of MTB Nagaraj to convince him to reconsider his decision. M T B Nagaraj along with other Congress MLA K Sudhakar tendered their resignations on Wednesday.
Congress moved its MLAs to Taj Yeshwantpur in Bengaluru while JDS lawmakers are already staying at two resorts in the state. Congress leader Rahul Gandhi had accused Bharatiya Janata Party of using the money to topple the Janata Dal Secular-Congress alliance government in the state. He had said the situation has been the same both in Goa and elsewhere in the Northeast earlier, and now the BJP was doing it in Karnataka.
Here are the LIVE updates:
Amid crises, a piece of Good news has arrived for Congress as Rebel MLA Nagaraj has withdrawn his resignation. Talking to the media, Nagraj said, ” We will try to convince Chikkaballapur MLA Sudhakar and both of us will take our resignation back.
- Rebel Congress-JDS Karnataka MLAs including Ramesh Jarkiholi visited Sai Baba temple in Shirdi.
- BJP MLAs staying at Ramada hotel in Bengaluru held a lunch meeting with party state president BS Yeddyurappa.
– The BJP MLAs staying at Ramada hotel in Karnataka’s Bengaluru city, held a lunch meeting with party state president BS Yeddyurappa today. Meanwhile, KPCC president G Paremeshwar has said all the MLAs will back the Congress-JD(S) coalition government in Karnataka. MLA MTB Nagaraj is integral part of the Congress party, he added.
Five more rebel Karnataka Congress MLAs including Anand Singh and Roshan Baig(in file pic) have also moved Supreme Court against the assembly speaker not accepting their resignations.
- Independent MLAs R Shankar and H Nagesh, who took back their support from the Congress-JDS Government on July 8 have written a letter to the Speaker asking him to arrange their seating in the opposition benches in the assembly.
- Rebel Cong MLA MTB Nagaraj arrived to meet Siddaramaiah at latter’s residence. MTB Nagaraj had earlier met Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara and DK Shivakumar.
- Congress leader DK Shivakumar said they should live together and die together because they have worked for 40 years for the party, there are ups and downs in every family. they should forget everything and move forward. Happy that MTB Nagaraj(rebel MLA) has assured them he will stay with them.
- Rebel Congress-JDS Karnataka MLAs leaving for Shirdi from Mumbai airport.
- -CM H D Kumaraswamy has said that he is ready to hold trust vote. He has said that he is confident of numbers. The Karnataka crisis has entered in the 6th day. Meanwhile, the Supreme Court has directed the Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar to meet the rebel MLAs on July 16 till then MLAs have been copped up in a 5-star hotel.
- Congress leader DK Shivakumar visited the residence of MTB Nagaraj, State Minister who recently resigned from his post, to convince Nagaraj to reconsider his decision.
– Karnataka Chief Minister HD Kumaraswamy says the Congress-JD(S) government still has the numbers, refuses to resign. BJP leader BS Yeddyurappa had demanded Kumaraswamy’s resignation. The BJP, with support of 105 MLAs, is confident of forming the government in Karnataka.