Amid political crackdown in Karnataka, Congress leader Siddaramaiah has called the legislature party meeting. Reports said the leaders have arrived at the former’s residence. After one of the rebel MLAs, MTB Nagaraj decided to withdraw his resignation. The rebel MLA Nagaraj flew to Mumbai on Sunday. Reports said the rebel MLA met BJP leader in which both the leaders discussed. Nagaraj has said that there is no question of withdrawing his resignation.
One of the rebel MLAs cooped up at Renaissance Hotel in Mumbai, ST Somashekar said that the Congress leaders trying to pacify Nagaraj but had failed and that the latter would not withdraw his resignation.
On Saturday, Congress leaders including DK Shivakumar and Siddaramaiah met Nagaraj who attempted to pacify the rebelling leader to stay with the coalition. However, the Congress’ attempt to retain Nagaraj seems to have failed as the leader is now vehemently opposed to withdrawing his resignation.
14 rebel MLAs has also written a letter to senior police official that some Congress leaders including Mallikarjun Kharge, Ghulam Nabi Azad and other dignitaries are trying to woo them. The rebel MLAs have urged Mumbai police to kindly make necessary arrangements to stop these people from meeting them.
Here are the LIVE updates:
- Congress leader Siddaramaiah said discussion on vote of confidence will be taken up on Thursday at 11 am in Karnataka Assembly.
- The Business Advisory Council meeting is underway in Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar’s cabin. Both CM HD Kumaraswamy and opposition leader BS Yeddyurappa are present in the meeting. Reports said the Speaker is likely to take a decision on trust vote.
- BJP leader Suresh Kumar said it’s up to CM HD Kumaraswamy to prove to the state that he enjoys the majority. He has himself asked the Speaker to fix a time, first, that should be done, then other business can continue. All BJP 105 MLAs are together.
- Coalition leaders including CM HD Kumaraswamy and Congress leader DK Shivakumar leave Speaker KR Ramesh Kumar’s office to attend Business Advisory Committee meeting.
- DK Shivakumar and HD Kumaraswamy met Speaker Ramesh Kumar in his chamber, the meeting between the trio is underway. The Speaker, at last, have to decide whether he approves the no-confidence motion against Congress-JD(S) govt.
- BJP has given a notice for the no-confidence motion to the speaker. Now a confidence motion and a no-confidence motion lies before the speaker KR Ramesh Kumar. The speaker will decide next course of action in the business advisory meeting.
JD(S) MLAs arrive at Vidhana Soudha. The Congress-JD(S) Government is demanded by BJP to prove its majority in the assembly today.
- Congress MLAs leave for Vidhana Soudha from Taj Vivanta hotel. The Congress-JD(S) Government is demanded by BJP to prove its majority in the assembly today.
- BJP MLAs arrive at Vidhana Soudha. BJP has demanded CM HD Kumaraswamy to prove majority of Congress-JD(S) Government in the assembly today.
- Supreme Court said we would likely hear the case of five rebel MLAs-K Sudhakar, Roshan Baig, MTB Nagaraj, Muniratna and Anand Singh, tomorrow along with the main petition which is pending before us.
- Hearing in the matter of Karnataka rebel MLAs: Mukul Rohatgi, rebel MLAs’ counsel, today mentioned before Supreme Court an application for impleadment.
- Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi has said BJP stand by its demand(of floor test). Behaviour of Assembly speaker & CM is highly uncalled for & unacceptable. When the MLAs have personally handed Speaker their resignations, what inquiry does he want?