There is a huge ongoing debate on the validity of Aadhaar Cards in the country as the Supreme Court continues to hear the petitions against it. The Central government have issued orders to link the under-fire Aadhaar with at least 139 schemes, which mainly includes bank accounts and mobile connections. Earlier, the Centre announced that the deadline to link mobile connections with Aadhaar Card was February 6, 2018 which was later retracted and the new deadline was set at March 31, 2018.
The linking of Aadhaar with various schemes has drawn widespread condemnation from the public and public figures as they have questioned its credibility and validity. So, while the Supreme Court hears the petition against Aadhaar Card, it is still highly advisable to take precautionary measures. The deadline date is approaching fast and here’s how you can link your mobile number with Aadhaar.
Easy steps to link Aadhaar with mobile number via OTP:
- Activate the OTP-based verification through SMS or voice-based IVRS or via mobile application.
- Message your 12-digit Aadhaar Card number from your registered mobile number.
- Upon receiving the request, the relevant mobile company will do a demographic verification of your mobile number.
- After completing the verification, the mobile company will forward your OTP request to UIDAI.
- You will receive the OTP from UIDAI.
- You will have to send the OTP from your registered mobile number.
- After sending the OTP, your e-KYC verification will be complete!