Mumbai building collapse LIVE updates: At least two people lost their lives while over 40 are fear trapped after a four-storey building was collapsed in Mumbai’s Dongri area on Tuesday. The building, reported to be 90-100 years old, crashed around 11:40 in the morning. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation’s (BMC) disaster management cell has informed that the building was situated in the densely populated narrow lane in Tandel street. 

A team of the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) rushed to the spot soon after the incident. The Mumbai police, civic officials, fire brigade and an ambulance have reached the spot. The authorities have classified it as a level-2 disaster. The reports said that over 5 people have been rescued so far. 

Here are the Mumbai building collapse LIVE updates:

— PM Modi on Dongri building collapse: Collapse of a building in Mumbai’s Dongri is anguishing. My condolences to the families of those who lost their lives. I hope the injured recover soon. Maharashtra Government, NDRF and local authorities are working on rescue operations & assisting those in need.

— The death toll in the Kesarbhai building collapse in Dongri has now reached to 3. Apart from that, a total of 8 people have been injured and were rushed to the nearby hospital. A woman was recently rescued by NDRF personnel from the debris of the building.

— Mumbai Police Commissioner Sanjay Barve and DCP, Zone 1, Abhishek Trimukhe arrive at the site where a building collapsed in Dongri, today. 2 people have died and 7 people have been injured in the incident, so far.

Mumbai Police: Humble request to citizens to stay away from the site of Kesarbhai building collapse in Dongri, to facilitate effective rescue operations by authorities.

— The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) in a letter on August 7, 2017, had stated that the Kesarbhai building, which collapsed in Dongri, was classified as C1 and was to be evacuated for demolition at the earliest. It has further stated that in case of any mishap in the area, the office won’t be responsible. 

— Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis shared his concern over the Dongri building collapse. He said that he has got to know that around 15 families are feared trapped in the collapse. He added that the entire focus is on rescuing the people trapped. He further ordered an investigation into the matter. 

— A child was recently rescued by the rescue team from Dongri, reported ANI. The child has been rushed to a nearby hospital and is currently under stable condition. Five other people were also rescued and shifted to Habib Hospital and JJ Hospital till now.

For all the latest National News, download NewsX App