Prime Minister Narendra Modi while thanking the media for the coverage on surgical strike anniversary, lauded NewsX for its special broadcast on surgical strikes.
NewsX had aired interviews of the team which conducted last year’s surgical strike across the Line of Control (LoC) cracking down on terror outfits established across the border.
India on September 29, 2016 had conducted surgical strike across the Line of Control (LoC) to burst out terror outfits and to revenge Uri attack where 18 Indian soldiers were martyred.
Praising the media during a public address, PM Modi said, “Three days ago on the occasion of surgical strike anniversary, I thank the media on the its coverage about the event.”
Prime Minister said that the way media covered surgical strike first anniversary should be appreciated.
“By doing such a coverage on surgical strike anniversary, it has enhanced the confidence of people in the army and of the army itself. This is the courage that a 25 or 30 year old young man has. He puts all the dreams on one side and is always ready to face bullets on the front. This is the spirit which is there in a soldier. To continue and maintain this spirit, the way surgical strike anniversary was covered by the media has enhanced the confidence of soldiers,” PM Modi added.
“By conducting the surgical strikes, the country’s army gave an example of what we are capable of,” PM Modi said.
Earlier on September 29, 2017, when the nation marked first anniversary of surgical strike, NewsX got in touch with the Indian Army’s Special Forces (SF) soldiers and brought you an ordeal of how the surgical strikes, which destroyed at least 7-terror posts across the border, were carried out.
Speaking exclusively to NewsX, the Sniper of the Surgical Strike team said that since the Uri attack, we had been waiting for orders from our seniors to go across the border and show Pakistan that India can cause more hard damage if taken for granted.