Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday attended the presentation of India’s Business Reforms at Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra in Delhi and lauded Indias’ improved ranking on the ease of doing business in the country. PM Modi during his address spoke on various issues like job creation, on the implementation of GST and how it was a good move in terms of business perspectives. PM Modi also took a jibe at Congress saying that some people are really not concerned by India’s improved ranking in ease of doing business. It seems that they are not concerned or pleased after India jumped from 142nd position to 100th position and some of them are the ones who were previously associated and had worked with World Bank. “This report has not taken into account implementation of Goods and Services Tax. With GST we are moving towards modern tax-regime,” PM Modi added.
Taking on the opposition and Congress party, PM Modi said that he was one Prime Minister of this country who has never ever seen the building of World Bank when earlier there were leaders who had worked in World Bank used to be in the government. PM Modi taking a jibe at Congress said that if they issues like insolvency/bankruptcy code would have resolved during your times and you would have taken credit of India’s improved ranking on ease of doing business.
After the World Bank had acknowledged India’s improved ranking in terms of ease of doing business in India, Congress party vice-president Rahul Gandhi had criticised the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and asked Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to ask small traders in the country about ease of doing business. Rahul Gandhi took the government on the economic front and hit out at the centre for its policies like GST and demonetisation during his poll campaign in Gujarat which will be going for assembly elections in December 2017.
Key points from Prime Minister Narendra Modis’ address at Pravasi Kendra, Delhi
- I sense a well-deserved mood of celebration here, World Bank has recognized stupendous work done by us towards ease of doing business.
- Ease of doing business also leads to ease of life.
- What work I have apart from serving the nation, and try to bring a better change in the lives of the people of this country.
- India has reached a position from where it is easier to improve further. Our efforts have gathered momentum.
- We are a young country and job creation is an opportunity as well as a challenge.
- Hitting out at the opposition, PM Modi said, “They don’t want to do anything and are questioning those who are trying to do something.