Owaisi Slams Centre Over India-China Tawang Face-Off

13 December, 2022 | Pranay Lad

india Headlines

Asaduddin Owaisi, AIMIM head, took a harsh shot at the central government led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday and said that he had failed to demonstrate political leadership.

Asaduddin Owaisi, the head of the All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen, slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government on Tuesday, saying it has failed to demonstrate political leadership.

“The prime minister has failed to lead the country in any way. You’re giving a speech on a fight that happened on December 9. You would not even have brought it up if the media hadn’t covered it, “Attacking the Central government and requesting to bring all parties to the scene of the conflict, according to Owaisi, would demonstrate that the situation is under control. He said that the administration and the prime minister were afraid of using the name of China.

“What have you accomplished during the fifteen rounds of conversation? Bring all parties to the conflict’s location. Both the PM and his government are reluctant to mention China in public “said he.

In a statement released on Monday, the Indian Army said: “On December 9, PLA soldiers made contact with the LAC in the Tawang Sector, which was fiercely resisted by our (Indian) troops. A few staff members from both sides of this confrontation suffered minor injuries.”

“Right away, all participants left the area. Following the incident, the local (Indian) commander called a flag conference with his counterpart to review the matter in light of the established procedures for reestablishing calm and peace “.

Regarding this, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh stated on Tuesday that the Indian Army’s prompt action prevented the Chinese PLA soldiers from invading the country’s territory during the conflict on December 9 in the Tawang sector of Arunachal Pradesh.

The Indian Army heroically prevented Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) soldiers from invading Indian land, according to the Defence Minister, who was speaking in the Lok Sabha today. He also forced the Chinese soldiers to retreat to their positions.

“On December 9, 2022, PLA soldiers attempted to unilaterally alter the status quo in the Yangtse region of the Tawang sector by crossing the LAC. Our troops resisted the Chinese attack with firmness and resolve.

In the physical altercation that followed, the Indian Army valiantly stopped the PLA from invading our land and forced them to return to their stations, according to Defence Minister Rajnath Singh’s statement in the Lok Sabha.

The minister said that no Chinese troops were killed or gravely hurt in the event and that China had been informed of the situation through diplomatic channels.

The local commander for the region conducted a flag meeting with his Chinese counterpart on December 11 to address this matter after the occurrence. All such actions from the Chinese side were rejected, and they were instructed to keep the border peaceful, Singh told the Lok Sabha.

Earlier today, opposition politicians caused a commotion in Parliament over the skirmish between Indian and Chinese forces. Following Rajnath Singh’s remark, leaders of the opposition staged a walkout from the Lok Sabha.