Chandigarh: Recognising the commendable contribution of the Haryana Police who have worked tirelessly to make the society a better and more secure place to live in, India News Haryana, announced the winners of the ‘Shaurya Samman’, presented by RAS and co-presented by Su-Kam, a first of its kind initiative by the channel to honour the Haryana Police force for their exemplary courage and determination.
India News Haryana celebrated the triumph of these unsung bravehearts in a glittering ceremony at The Lalit, Chandigarh, in presence of various eminent personalities. The winners across different categories were felicitated by the Chief Guest Shri Manohar Lal Khattar, Honourable Chief Minister of Haryana.
A grand jury consisting of renowned names like Mr. Y.P. Singhal, DGP, Haryana; Mr. Vineet Narayan, Senior Journalist; Justice R.C. Gupta, Retired Judge of Punjab and Haryana High Court; Mr. Arvind Kr. Goel, Social Worker & Philanthropist and Mr. Deepak Chaurasia, Editor-in-Chief, India News named the winners through a rigorous process of selection.
The winners in different categories are:
• Outstanding Act of Bravery: Sandeep Kumar, Inspector, Panipat
• Award for Bravery (Posthumous): Martyr Karan Singh, Head Constable, Yamuna Nagar
• Outstanding contribution in Solving Case: Rakesh Kumar, Sub Inspector, Rohtak
• Outstanding effort to Save Human Lives: Hoshiyar Singh, Sub Inspector, Panipat
• Outstanding effort in Traffic Management: Dhani Ram, Head Constable, Panchkula
• Outstanding effort in Community Building: Ram Kumar, Inspector, Panipat
• Outstanding effort in Training and Research: Omprakash, Sub Inspector, Karnal
• Outstanding expert of Cyber-crime Solutions: Anil Kumar, Head Constable, Gurgaon
• Lifetime Achievement Award: Vinod Kumar, Asst. Sub Inspector, Ambala
Speaking on this initiative, Kartikeya Sharma, Managing Director, iTV Network said, “We are proud to honour the Haryana Police for their outstanding contribution and making not only the Haryana region but the whole nation proud. My heartiest congratulations to all the winners.”
Adding to that, Deepak Chaurasia, Editor-in-Chief, India News said, “It was an absolute privilege to appreciate and felicitate the Haryana Police for their selflessness and their courage to put their lives on line everyday for the sake of our people and our society. Their tales of valour and determination is truly inspirational for all of us.”
The grand finale of the award ceremony will be telecast on 6th and 7th June only on India News Channels:
India News National, India News Haryana, India News UP & Uttarakhand , India News Rajasthan and India News Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh.