Noida: A massive fire broke after gas leaked out from the Indraprastha Gas Limited (IGL) pipeline here on Wednesday. The accident took place near a Haldiram eatery in Sector 63.

While some property was gutted, no casualties have been reported as of now, officials said.

The leak was spotted in time but by then the gas had caught fire due to high temperatures, a fire brigade official told IANS. 

Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot and took them over two hours to put off the blaze. Firemen had a tough time containing the flames because of the high pressure of the gas in the pipeline. 

Gutsy winds stoked the fire further, officials said. 

For all the latest Regional News, download NewsX App