Fantastic would be an understatement for India. It brought out all of its arsenal and deployed it ruthlessly in the field. Virat Kohli, the man of the match, has accomplished more for India than any other batsmen in the Indian batting line up. A great effort at the field by Pakistan, but it was definitely the spinners who unwittingly unveiled India’s onslaught against Pakistan. On another note, Amitabh Bachchan sang the national anthem for India, wasn’t that enough a reason already for India to win?
Amitabh Bachchan is esctatic over India’s victory, so are the Indian cricket fans all around the nation. Great ICC match for India. A much-needed victory registered at the beautiful Eden Gardens.
* THAT’S IT! INDIA HAS WON!!!
* SIX! Captain Dhoni at rescue. That’s gone straight for the boundary,
* FOUR! Kohli has done it again. Beautiful shot by the batsmen.
* End of 15th Over: India 106/4. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
* No question of India losing now. Virat Kohli reaches half-century.
* End of 14th Over: India 99/4. One boundary in this over. (4)
* FOUR! Great shot by Kohli. It’s gone for four.
* End of 13th Over: India 91/4.
* Captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni comes in for Yuvraj Singh.
* FOUR! Afridi to Kohli, and a cover drive sends the ball to the boundary.
* End of 12th Over: India 84/4. One boundary and one wicket in this over. ( 6 ) ( Yuvraj )
* OUT! Yuvraj gives a massive swing to the ball, but it has fallen right into the hands Mohammad Sami. Yuvraj Singh is out for 24. Great batting so far!
* SIXER! Poor bowling by Riaz. Yuvraj Singh converts it into a sixer.
* End of 11th Over: India 74/3. Two boundaries conceded in this over. (6, 4)
* FOUR! Great shot by Virat Kohli again. Malik should have gone for slightly different throw.
* SIX! That’s a wonderful sweep-shot by Virat Kohli. First six for India.
* End of 10th Over: India 60/3. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
* FOUR! Fortunate for Kohli as Pakistan sees poor fielding.
* Wahab Riaz bowling his first over.
* India is taking out singles from Pakistan. If they’re able to go till the 13th over in this pace, they can aim for an easy win.
* End of 9th Over: India 54/3. No boundaries conceded in this over.
* Shoaib Malik bowling his first over.
* End of 8th Over: India 46/3. Afridi’s over. No boundaries conceded in this match.
* End of 7th Over: India 40/3. Two boundaries conceded in this over. (4,4) Expensive over for Pakistan.
* FOUR! Yuvraj Singh takes cue from Kohli. Great shot by the veteran cricketer.
* India has to rely on a strong partnership at this moment.
* FOUR! Great shot by Virat Kohli. That’s gone for four.
* Mohammad Irfan bowling for Pakistan.
* End of 6th Over: India 28/3. No boundaries conceded in this over. Afridi’s over.
* That was a menacing over by Mohammad Sami. Two wickets conceded by India. Eden Gardens is quite right now.
* End of 5th Over: India 23/3. Two wickets taken in this over by Sami. ( Dhawan, Raina )
* Yuvraj Singh comes in for Suresh Raina.
* OUT! OUT! Is that Mohammad Sami we’re witnessing in the Eden Gardens field? This man is out of this world at this moment. Raina has been stumped for duck out. He’s gone for 0. That’s a dot on India’s hope in the ICC World Cup T20 as of this moment.
* Suresh Raina comes in for Shikhar Dhawan.
* OUT! That’s it for Shikhar Dhawan! Mohammad Sami has proved for his questionable line up at today’s match. Shikhar Dhawan has been stumped for 6.
* FOUR! That’s a boundary for Sami’s first ball. To quick to say ‘bad decision’?
* Mohammad Sami bowls his first over.
* End of 4th Over: India 18/1. No boundaries conceded in this over.
* End of 3rd Over: India 16/1. One wicket taken in this over. (Rohit Sharma) Great over by Mohammad Amir.
* Virat Kohli comes in for Rohit Sharma.
* OUT! First bowl of the over from Mohammad Amir. Rohit Sharma has been caught out by Shoaib Malik. Sharma’s out for 10.
* End of 2nd Over: India 14/0. Two boundaries conceded in this over. (4,4)
* FOUR! Great shot by Rohit Sharma. It’s gone for four. The strike rate looks good for now.
* FOUR! Nice shot by Rohit Sharma. First boundary for India.
* Mohammad Irfan bowling his first over.
* End of 1st Over: India 4/0. No boundaries conceded in this over.
* Mohammad Amir bowling the first over for India.
* Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan start for India.
That was a tough call for Pakistan. Losing the toss and the advantage of the pitch, Pakistan came into the game with al shins up to the head. They played some safe strokes in the initial overs, but India shattered right through it. The expectations from Pakistan was considerably large at first seeing the way they played the match, but with big-hitter Afridi out for 8, Pakistan struggled with boundaries.
Though the score is not daunting, Indian batsmen have all the pressure on them right now. It’s win or lose, folks.
* End of 18th Over: Pakistan 118/5. A great over by Bumrah. No boundaries conceded.
* Last over of the first innings.
* End of 17th Over: Pakistan 111/5. One wicket and boundary taken in this over. (Malik) (4)
* FOUR! That’s a poorl bowl by Nehra. Taken for four by Ahmed.
* Mohammad Hafeez comes in for Malik.
* Remember there’s only 18 overs in this match.
* That’s up in the air! OUT! Caught by Ashwin. Raina has taken a crucial wicket. Shoaib Malik has gone out for 26.
* End of 16th Over: Pakistan 103/4. One wicket and boundary in this over. ( 4 ) (Umar Akmal)
* Wicket! Umar Akmal is out! Bowled out by Jadeja, Akmal is out for 22.
* FOUR! A great sweep by Shoaib Malik. That’s gone for four.
* Jadeja‘s over.
* End of 15th Over: Pakistan 95/3. Two boundaries conceded in this over. (4,4)
* FOUR again! Bumrah’s full toss is proving an expensive gamble for India.
* FOUR! Shikhar Dhawan misses out to closing the boundary. Four by Malik.
* No ball. Malik only grabs a single. Good bowl by Bumrah.
* End of 14th Over: Pakistan 82/3. Pandya’s over. Two boundaries in this over. (6,6)
* SIX! Umar Akmal taking cue from Malik. This has been an expensive over for India.
*SIX! That is the first six of the match, folks. Great shot by Shoaib Malik.
* Pakistan’s slackening score might lose them the game if they don’t make some boundaries soon.
* End of 13th Over: Pakistan 67/3. Nehra’s over. No boundaries conceded in this over.
* End of 12th Over: Pakistan 65/3. Two boundaries and a wicket taken in this over. (4, 4) (Afridi)
* Four! That’s unfortunate for India. The ball has ricochet off the stumps and gone for four.
* Shoaib Malik comes in for Shahid Afridi.
* OUT! OUT! That’s a huge wicket taken by Pandya. Shahid Afridi has been caught out by Virat Kohli. It was a desperate shot at the boundary by the batsmen. He’s gone out for 8.
* FOUR! Umar Akmal was eyeing for the off-side. That’s a great pull from the batsmen. It’s gone for four.
* Pandya’s over.
* End of 11th Over: Pakistan 54/2. No boundaries conceded in this over.
* End of 10th Over: Pakistan 51/2. Two boundaries and one wicket conceded in this over. (4,4) (Ahmed Shehzad)
* Umar Akmal comes in for Shehzad.
* Boundary! Shahid Afridi seems to quickening Pakistan’s tally. It’s gone for four.
* OUT! Bumrah has done it right this time. It’s a mis-shot by Shehzad and Jadeja’s caught the ball with ease. Shehzad leaves the podium for 25.
* FOUR! Great shot by Ahmed Shehzad.
* 42 runs and 1 wicket taken by India, will this affect score in the coming overs?
* End of 9th Over: Pakistan 42/1. No boundaries conceded in this match.
* End of 8th Over: Pakistan 39/1. One wicket taken in this match (Sharjeel Khan).
* Afridi comes in after Sharjeel Khan.
* OUT! Great catch by Pandya, but it looked a tad uncomfortable catch for the player. Let’s hope he hasn’t suffered a strain. Sharjeel Khan has gone out for 17
* Suresh Raina bowls his first over.
* End of 7th Over: Pakistan 34/0. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
* FOUR! Smart shot by Shehzad. Gone behind for four.
* Jadeja bowling his over.
* As of now, it looks like Pakistan is trying to keep wickets from being felled down. They’re doing a good job.
* End of 6th Over: Pakistan 28/0. No boundaries conceded in this over. Good over by Ashwin.
* End of 5th Over: Pakistan 24/0. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
* That’s a shot! Sharjeel Khan pulls a cracker of shot on the right. It’s gone for four.
* Bumrah starts his over.
* End of 4th Over: Pakistan 19/0. One boundary conceded in this over. (4)
*FOUR! Seems like Ahmed Shehzad has slowly built himself up for the boundary. Good one.
* End of 3rd Over: Pakistan 12/0. One boundary conceded in this over (4)
* FOUR! That’s the first boundary of the match created by Sharjeel Khan. Good shot.
* End of 2nd Over: Pakistan 5/0. Close escape for Shehzad. No boundaries conceded in this over.
* Ravichandran Ashwin bowling his first over.
* End of 1st Over: Pakistan 3/0. No boundaries conceded in this over. Good bowling by Nehra.
* Is Pakistan feeling the pressure right now you say? Definitely!
* Sharjeel Khan and Ahmed Shehzad start the scoring tally for Pakistan.
* Ashish Nehra bowling the first over for India.
* Woah!! That was an enthralling rendition of the Indian national anthem from Mr Amitabh Bachchan himself. This will boost up the morale of the players a lot I’m sure.
* Pakistan has chosen to leave out its spinner Imad Wasim from the match and have instead opted for fast bowler Mohammad Sami. Betting on spinners worked really well for New Zealand.
* India is going with the same combination which suffered a lost to New Zealand. I sincerely hope that Dhoni has learnt a thing or two from the defeat against New Zealand.
* And the toss is being played; Afridi has called for heads. . . Nope! Not his day. India wins the toss. Bowlers will be able to bowl 4 overs each and the PowerPlay will be for 5 overs. India has chosen to bat first.
* We’re dismayed by the latest news – the toss is going to be played at 8:10 and the match is going to start at 8:30. The overs have been reduced to 18. India vs Pakistan’s contentious match today will see only 18 overs.
* ICC World Cup T20 2016: Can India pull it off against Pakistan?
* Chief Minister of West Bengal Mamata Banerjee is honouring legendary cricketers at the emphatic Eden Gardens. Imran Khan, Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Akram, Waqar Younis, and Sunil Gavaskar are the big names.
* And much to the anticipation of Bollywood fans, legendary actor Amitabh Bachchan will be singing the national anthem before the match starts. Pakistan’s national anthem is going to be sung by famous singer Shafqat Amanat Ali.
* The ground is being cleared right now, and it looks like it won’t be much time when the match starts. The toss might become delayed a bit.
* The rain seems to have finally stopped in Kolkata whereas India vs Pakistan women’s match has just witnessed fresh drizzle.
* As you can see, folks, the situation appears pretty grim right now. Officials are sitting on the tarpaulin so that the rain doesn’t seep in. The rain is not that heavy as it was before, but it is more than just a light drizzle.
* Thunder, rain, and lightning are wreaking havoc in Kolkata. The scene Eden Gardens looks vaguely similar to what we’ve suggested in our picture.
* Eden Gardens is seeing heavy shower at the moment. The ground has been covered to the edge and stadium officials are doing their best not to let the water seep in. Let’s hope the weather dries up before the match begins.
MS Dhoni, R Ashwin, JJ Bumrah, S Dhawan, Harbhajan Singh, RA Jadeja, V Kohli, Mohammed Shami, P Negi, A Nehra, HH Pandya, AM Rahane, SK Raina, RG Sharma, Yuvraj Singh
Shahid Afridi, Ahmed Shehzad, Anwar Ali, Imad Wasim, Khalid Latif, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Irfan, Mohammad Nawaz, Mohammad Sami, Sarfraz Ahmed, Sharjeel Khan, Shoaib Malik, Umar Akmal, Wahab Riaz
It is the cumulation of all that has happened till now and will happen in the future, here is a brief halt in all our mundane activities, the spark to the dead hay, here has come today the much-awaited match between India and Pakistan. India has, time and again, delivered a resounding defeat to its rival, but what goes up, must also come down again. Today’s match which will be of histrionic proportion decide where India and Pakistan lie in the equation of one of the most controversial rivalry.
After winning the Asia Cup tournament, there was little to doubt that India’s advent into the ICC World Cup T20 2016 would be nothing short of an unstoppable performance. But New Zealand ruffled India’s hope; it drowned the sailing ship. India has a lot to prove today, and with the Eden Gardens mutating into a fortress, India must play as if they’re in possession of all the arsenal.