Bengaluru: In a super exciting India versus Bangladesh World Twenty20 group stage Super 10 match at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Team India beat Bangladesh by just 1 run. Hopes of Indian fans went down after a boundary was hit in the last over and match came to a position where Bangladesh needed just 2 runs from 3 balls. Suddenly there was a India vs Bangladesh 2007 world cup moment when team India didn’t even made it to the Super 8s. But a clever spell by Hardik Pandya and 3 wickets in the over made the day for India and its fans. India won the match in the last ball. Ravichandran Ashwin was declared Man of the Match.
Bangladesh earlier won the toss and made the best from the opportunity. Bangladeshi bowlers were able to stop Indian batmen to put a big score. There were few big shots and moments when it felt that team India will easily make around 180-200, but Indian batsmen just gave up against Bangladeshi spinners.
Now the hopes will be on Indian bowling attack and lets see whether Nehra, Ashwin will be able to give team India early breakthroughs! India has to win this game if it wants to be in the semi-finals.
Ind Vs Ban live updates:
* India beat Bangladesh by 1 run.
* Last ball to go: Dramatic scene there, appeal for a run out, goes for the 3rd umpire and its out. Bangladesh loses the match. Ban 145/9.
* Caught again! Match turning in every ball. Bangladesh loses another wicket. Score 145/8. Now only 2 runs required from 1 ball.
* Out! What a game! 2 runs needed from 2 balls. Ban 145/8.
* Four again! 2 needed from 3 balls. Bangladesh 145/7.
* Four! Ban needs 6 runs from 4 balls
* Last over remaining, Ban needs 11 runs. Excitement at its peak levels. Ban 136/6.
* Four! This game is beating all the predictions. Ban 130/6 after the end of 18th Over.
* In the air and Caught! Big wicket for India. Soumaya Sarkar goes for 21. Ban 126/6 after 17.4 overs
* 23 required from 15 balls, Ban 126/5 after 17. 3 Overs.
* Jasprit Bumrah bowls 17th over for team India, so far a reasonable over, especially after the one in which he gave four bondaries. Ban 120/5.
* Four overs left and nothing beats the excitement here. Both teams at fingers crossed. Ban 118/5 after 16.4 Overs.
* End of 16th Over: Ban 113/5.
* Six! Bangladesh is really putting up a good fight. Score Ban 110/5 after 15.3 Overs.
* End of 15th Over: Just five runs conceded in the over. Bangladesh slowly moving towards their target. Ban 104/5.
* Ashish Nehra back on attack. Mahmudullah goes for a single. Hundred comes for Bangladesh. Ban 100/5 after 14.1 Overs.
* Caught! A needed wicket for team India. Shakib Al Hasan goes for 22. Ban 95/5 after 12.5 Overs.
* Six! Shakib Al Hasan is taking on the Indian bowlers. Ban 95/5 after 12 Overs
* Bowled! Ravindra Jadeja brings some relief to the Indian team. Ban 87/4 after 11.1 Overs.
* Six! Bangladesh is going good at the moment. Score 87/3 after 11 Overs.
* In the air and dropped! Ashwin drops Shakib Al Hasan simple catch. India cannot afford this.
* End of 10th Over: Ban 77/3.
* Stumped! Dhoni does it again. A clever dismissal by Dhoni, comes after bowling change and Raina came into attack. Sabbir Rahman goes for 26. Ban 69/3 after 9.2 Overs.
* End of 9th Over: Sabbir Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan at the crease. Ban 68/2.
* Stumped! Finally some relief for team India. Ashwin gives second breaththrough to the team. Tamim Iqbal gone, but he has done the damage. Ban 56/2 after 8 Overs.
* End of 7th Over: One boundary conceded in the over. Ban 52/1.
* Four! Four boundaries in an over. Poor bowling by Bumrah. Tamim Iqbal making the way for Bangladesh, score 45/1 after 6 Overs.
* Catch dropped! A poor shot by Tamim Iqbal and a poor fielding by Indian side. India really cannot afford it. Ban 29/1 after 5 Overs.
* End of 4rth Over: A good spell by Nehra, no boundaries, thats what India needs at this moment. Ban 20/1.
* A shot ball by Nehra, Sabbir Rahman goes for a single, Ban 19/1 after 3.5 Overs.
* Nehra back in the attack, after wicket by Ashwin, Nehra tries to block down through his pace attack. Ban 15/1 after 3.3 Overs.
* Caught by Kohli. Mohammad Mithun out. Ashwin gives first breakthrough to the team. Ban 12/1 after 3 Overs.
* End of 2nd Over: A resonable start by Bangladesh, score 10/0.
* Misfield, poor fielding by Indian side gives boundary to Bangladesh in the first ball. Ban 4/0 after 0.1 Overs.
* Tamim Iqbal and Mohammad Mithun start for Bangladesh
* Bangladesh batting starts
* End of 20th Over: Ind set 147-run target for Bangladesh.
* Two welcome boundaries by Dhoni. Ind 145/7 after 19.4 Overs.
* Bowled! Jadeja out after hitting couple of boundaries, India 137/7 after 19.1 Overs
* Four Again! Jadeja hits two back to back boundaries, brings some cheer to the Indian fans. Ind 137/6 after 19 Overs.
* Four! Dhoni hits his first boundary and a needed one at this moment. Ind 127/6 after 18.2 Overs
* End of 18th Over: Ind 123/6. Dhoni and Ravindra Jadeja on the crease.
* Caught! Yuvraj goes for a poor shot and loses his wicket. Indian batsmen struggles. Bangladesh spinners doing the magic. Ind 118/6 after 16.5 Overs.
* End of 16th Over: Skipper MS Dhoni and Yuvraj on the crease. Ind 115/5.
* Out! Pandya pulls it for a boundary by a superb catch by S Sarkar stops his innings. Ind 112/5 after 15.2 Overs. Bangladesh bowlers doing the needful for their team.
* Raina attempts for another boundary but caught. Out! Ind 112/4 after 15 Overs.
* Six! Huge Six by Pandya. Ind 101/ 3 after 14 overs.
* Hardik Pandya takes the charge
* Bowled! Kohli tries to repeat the shot but couldn’t make it. Kohli gone for 24, Ind 95/3 after 13.4 Overs.
* Six! First boundary by Virat Kohli. Ind 95/2 after 13.3 overs.
* End of 13th Over: No boundaries conceded in this over. Ind 82/2.
* End of 12th Over: Ind 83/2.
* Six! Raina hits two back to back sixes, gives boost to the India’s crawling scorecard. Ind 73/2 after 11 overs.
* Raina attempts for a big shot but controls himself as the bowl didn’t come on the bat. Ind 59/2 after 10 overs.
* Fifty up for India, score 52/2 after 9 Overs. Kohli and Raina on the crease
* End of 7th Over: Ind 49/2
* Another blow! Dhawan gone LBW. Ind 45/2 at the end of 6th Over.
* Caught! Rohith Sharma tries to clear the ground, but couldn’t make. Ind 42/1
* Six! Dhawan pulled it so effortlessly. Ind 35/0 after 5.3 overs
* End of 5th Over: Ind 28/0.
* End of 3rd Over: Ind 17/0.
* Another Four, this time its Rohit, Ind 15/0 after 2.3 overs.
* Shot, Shikkar Dhawan makes it to the first boundary, Ind 9/0 at the end of 2nd over.
* End of 1st Over: No four so far, Ind 5/0.
* Rohith Sharma starts the Indian innings with a single
* Both the teams are out in the field for their National Anthem.
And the toss is being played; has India won the toss . . Nope! Not this time. Bangladesh won the toss and choose to field.
After a spectacular win against Pakistan, thanks to Virat Kohli and his partnership with Yuvraj, team blue is all set to bang Bangladesh. The match will be played at M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru at 7.30 P.M IST. Team India had already witnessed a humiliating defeat in the 2007 World Cup by Bangladesh, and hence we believe our team is taking them seriously in today’s match.
Team Bangladesh seems not be too low in confidence especially after they made Australia struggle to chase 157 in their last match.
Skipper Mahender Singh Dhoni has urged batsmen to improve the run rate as it is so far relatively low. India lost against the Kiwis but stuck back against Pakistan in their second match of WT20. Today it will be interesting to see whether Team India puts another spectacular show and claims an easy win over Bangladesh.
Going by the experts reports, Indian pitches are behaving strangely and have become totally unpredictable. Team India was exposed in its first match against the Kiwis where batsmen totally gave up against the spin.
With the Bangladesh team having a couple of damaging spinners, along with the fact that the Indian pitches are behaving and favouring unusual turns, the Indian batsmen could struggle out there in the middle. Overall, a smashing performance is needed if the team aims at both a win and an improved run-rate.
India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Suresh Raina, Yuvraj Singh, Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt, wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, R Ashwin, Ashish Nehra, Jasprit Bumrah, Pawan Negi, Harbhajan Singh, Mohammed Shami, Ajinkya Rahane.
Bangladesh: Tamim Iqbal, Soumya Sarkar, Sabbir Rahman, Shakib Al Hasan, Shuvagata Hom, Mahmudullah, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Mashrafe Mortaza (capt), Saqlain Sajib, Mustafizur Rahman, Al-Amin Hossain, Mohammad Mithun, Nurul Hasan, Nasir Hossain, Abu Hider.
Pitch at the the Chinnaswamy stadium cricket is expected to be pacy and bouncy but may not favour spin; overall it could turn a good batting wicket. However, Indian pitches normally favour spin track unlike the pitch at Chinnaswamy stadium.
With humidity on lower levels and relatively low dew, the pitch may a bit helpful to spinners in the second innings.