Virat Kohli is the Man of the Match.
Highest run-scorer: Quinton de Kock 60 runs
Most wicket-taker in the match: Yuzvendra Chahal 3 wickets
* After 18.1 overs: Royal Challengers are 138/4. Royal Challengers Bangalore has won the match by 6 wickets. It was decidedly Royal Challengers’ game from the start, but wickets falling in between the overs raised some doubts about the game. Virat Kohli was at it again, swinging and stopping balls from wicket to convert it into runs. With an unbeaten 54, it can be said that Virat Kohli has single-handedly given victory to the Royal Challengers on a silver platter. If the Daredevils batsmen had registered a more daunting score for Bangalore, maybe the match could’ve been a real challenge for the Challengers. Wickets: KL Rahul 38 runs, SR Watson 14 runs.
* After 10 overs: Royal Challengers Bangalore are 83/2. Where there is Kohli, there is no need for worry. Despite the Challengers losing important wickets in the first ten overs, the flow of runs doesn’t seem to have stopped. Chris Gayle did not prove to be the precious batsmen they wished he did today, nor did Ab de Villiers. Few more boundaries in the following overs and Royal Challengers will easily take the game in their hands. With players like Watson, Binny, Ahmed still in the batting line up, Royal Challengers will confront the remaining runs by coupling off singles and doubles at every ball. If Virat Kohli is taken out, which seems highly unlikely, then Delhi Daredevils might assume a tougher stance altogether. Wickets: Chris Gayle 1 run, Ab de Villiers 6 runs.
Second half has commenced.
* After 20 overs: Delhi Daredevils are 138/8. Delhi’s batting power was an utter failure from the start. Except for Quinton de Kock, the lone ranger of the team who carried the burden of the entire batsmen, the rest were merely inconsquential numbers. With 139 as the target, the Royal Challengers Bangalore will definitely control the game and win it without dropping a dime for effort. Wickets: Quinton de Kock 60 runs, SW Bilings 4 runs, P Negi 6 runs, CR Brathwaite 1 run, J Yadav 5 runs
* After 10 overs: Delhi Daredevils are 75/3. The Delhi Daredevils had all but a pleasant start on Sunday at Raipur. Pant and Nair proved ineffective to hold Delhi against the Royal Challengers; add to that some tough fielding from their counterpart, they have composed themselves against a relentlessly aggressive team. The Royal Challengers will be favored in today’s match by its fans, and Delhi Daredevil has to make sure that it does not succumb to the disenchantment of losing the match before actually losing. Some good runs between the wickets and boundaries at exposed areas will ensure that they have a good target against the Royal Challengers. If the Daredevils register a score less than 150, then the game is sure a goner for them. Wickets: RR Pant 1 run, KK Nair 11 runs, Samson 17 runs
* Royal Challengers Bangalore wins the toss and elects to bowl first for the match.
The stakes in Sunday evening match between Royal Challengers Bangalore and the Delhi Daredevils is simple: whoever win, gets to go to the next round. But the Delhi Daredevils have a harder task at hand then the Royal Challengers—they need to register their win against Virat Kohli, a man who has repeatedly broken records in all his IPL matches. If the Daredevils are able to stop Kohli and Villiers from registering a good score, their chances of winning the game will dramatically increase.
Weather in Raipur
It’s a scorching 39 degrees Celcius in Raipur, Chattisgarh with no chances of rain.
Zaheer Khan (Captain), MA Agarwal, KK Ahmed, SW Billings, CR Brathwaite, NM Coulter-Nile, Q de Kock, JP Duminy, AA Herwadkar, Imran Tahir, SS Iyer, MK Lomror, CV Milind, A Mishra, Mohammed Shami, CH Morris, S Nadeem, KK Nair, P Negi, RR Pant, Pratyush Singh, SV Samson, P Suyal, J Yadav
Royal Challengers Bangalore
Virat Kohli (Captain), VR Aaron, AN Ahmed, S Aravind, STR Binny, YS Chahal, AB de Villiers, P Dubey, CH Gayle, TM Head, Iqbal Abdulla, KM Jadhav, CJ Jordan, AK Karnewar, SN Khan, VS Malik, Mandeep Singh, Parvez Rasool, HV Patel, KL Rahul, KW Richardson, Sachin Baby, T Shamsi, V Tokas, SR Watson, D WieseFor all the latest Sports News, download NewsX App