New Delhi:  Indian athlete OP Jaisha, who was taken for a medical examination due to dehydration in Rio on Sunday morning, in an exclusive conversation with NewsX blamed the IOA and Rio organisers for her life-threatening condition.

Jaisha in a telephonic conversation with NewsX said that she was not provided any water by any officials while running the marathon and was severely dehydrated. She fell unconscious for nearly three hours and had almost died after the marathon.

Jaisha also said that she would have made it 101%, had she had got water and refreshments on time during the marathon.

The Indian athlete’s grave condition had also resulted in a heated argument after her coach Nikolai Snesarev got involved in a heated conversation with a lady doctor at the polyclinic who did not allow him to accompany Jaisha inside the hospital.

Sources later revealed that Snesarev indulged in such behaviour because he was worried that there was no sign of pulse on Jaisha’s body.

Following the incident, Indian coach for middle and long distance athletics, Nikolai Snesarev had been apprehended by the Rio Police for half a day and later released. This happened after a lady doctor at the Rio Olympics Games Village filed a complaint against the Indian coach for misbehaving at a polyclinic. 

The doctor had allowed only one person to go in with Jaisha. Radhakrishan Nair (deputy head coach) was allowed to accompany Jaisha and Snesarev was denied permission. Snesarev, being enraged, pushed the lady doctor, and went inside. Later the doctor filed a police complaint.
Belarusian Snesarev, who trained O P Jaisha and the likes of such athletes, was taken to a local police station on Sunday and after intervention by the Indian Embassy in Brazil was set free.
Athletics Federation of India Secretary C K Valson, informed PTI that Snesarev has been released and the matter has been sorted out. He also said that there would be no further action against the Indian coach.



For all the latest Sports News, download NewsX App