New Delhi: Indian cricket Test Captain Virat Kohli turned 28 on Saturday. Kohli is one among the few players who have found success in all three format of the game, be it tests, ODI’s or T20s. He has continuously maintained his spectacular performance throughout most of his games.
In his career, he has earned 48 test and 176 ODI caps and in the year 2014, he was handed over the Test captaincy after Mahendra Singh Dhoni announced his retirement.
Under Virat Kohli’s guidance, India regained the number one spot in the ICC Test rankings with their emphatic victories over New Zealand in the first two matches.
We bring to you some interesting facts about the birthday boy:
1. In just 176 ODIs, Virat Kohli holds the record for the most centuries (14) in successful chases.
2. In just 176 ODI matches, Kohli scored 26 centuries which put him in fourth position among all batsmen.
3. Virat Kohli is the first Indian captain to score two double centuries.
4. Virat Kohli is the second batsman in the world to have scored 1,000 or more ODI runs for four consecutive calendar years.
5. It took only 27 innings for Kohli to score 1000runs in Twenty20 Internationals, which is the fastest in the world.
We wish Virat Kohli the happiest of birthdays and hope that he will herald new pathbreaking opportunities for cricket in India.