The stage is set for our Olympic heroes to shine on home soil as they look forward to wrestle down in ‘Shahidi Dangal’ that will take place between 21st to 23rd March. The star-studded wrestling competition will see India’s top most wrestlers all under one roof in Ambala.
Here are 15 things that you should know about Shahidi Dangal
Shahidi Dangal – 21st to 23rd March at Ambala
1) A big drama a day before the event. Satyavrat included in the Railway team at the last moment.
2) Firstly Satyavrat denied. Later agree to participate if Sakshi plays.
3) Sakshi is overweight by five Kg of her own 58 Kg category. So she decided to take part in 63 Kg category
4) Ritu Malik out from 63 Kg is out from the Railway team
5) Bajrang is taking part from Railway team in 65 Kg. category without trial. Rahul Maan is lodging a complaint at Railway board.
6) Comeback of Vinesh Phogat after injury
7) Just after 20 days of marriage, Sarita is taking part
8) Total Prize money is one crore 86 lac.
9) Five weight categories each are included in Men & Women
10) Top player of each category will get 10 lac.
11) Runner-Up will get 5 lac, Third position holder will get 2.5 lac, Fourth will get 1.1 lac
14) There is no repechage round. Losing semi finalist will fight each other for the third place.
15) 8 teams are taking part that is Delhi, Haryana, Punjab, Rajasthan, Railway, Madhya Pradesh, UP & Maharashtra.
Men categories in KG: 57, 65, 74, 86, 97
Women categories in KG: 48, 53, 58, 63, +69For all the latest Sports News, download NewsX App