Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his two-day visit to Russia addressed the Indian Diaspora. At the ‘Friends of India’ event in Moscow, Modi said he was pleased by the warmth of the Russians towards India.
“India and Russia are working on nuclear energy and are together trying to contribute towards finding a solution for global warming. India and Russia share deep ties and the relationship between both the nations goes beyond politics and trade. Even though many Russians have never visited India but they still share a lot of affection towards the country,” said PM Modi.
Here are some key points that PM Modi touched upon during his speech:
· Russia has always stood with India. This is friendship; it is not merely about give and take.
· India and Russia will fight and end terrorism together.
· To combat terrorism all forces of humanity have to come together.
· Whatever decisions are taken today around the world, India has an important role to play in them.
· Today people are investing in India because they trust us.
· India is now being seen as a manufacturing hub rather than a market by several countries in the world.
· Several places across Russia marked the ‘International Day of Yoga’ on 21st June.
· Heard the chanting of Vedic Mantras in Russia and I am told the singer who recited the Mantras is a very famous pop singer in Russia.
· I met Indologists and they spoke to me in Hindi. They shared that they teach India’s history.
· He encouraged the youth to contribute more towards building the nation.
· I greet everyone on Eid-e-Milad. I wish you all on Christmas. Tomorrow we also mark the birthday of Atal Bihari Vajpayee.