Karnataka Home Minister G Parameshwara today held a press conference over attack on Tanzanian woman and said that it was not a racist attack.
While addressing the media, G Parameshwara said that the Tanzanian woman was not stripped or paraded naked. He also claimed that there weren’t any lapses in registering the case as it was registered on January 31 itself.
According to reports, five people have been arrested so far and are being questioned by the cops. “Thousands of foreign students study in Karnataka, we will ensure that they are safe,” Home Minster Parameshwara added.
Parameshwara also mentioned that several reports in relation to this incident have already been sent to External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
On January 31, a 21-year-old Tanzanian woman was beaten up, stripped, and paraded around naked by a rampaging mob in Bengaluru city. The incident occurred when a Sudanese man ran over a 35-year-old local woman who later died on the way to the hospital.