KATHMANDU: Relief efforts in Nepal are intensifying after over 2,500 people were killed in the worst earthquake in Nepal’s capital Kathmandu. (Also Read: Powerful earthquake rocks Nepal, India; death toll continues to rise)
Seventeen people have been killed on Mount Everest by avalanches which is the mountain’s worst-ever disaster.
Meanwhile, more powerful aftershocks were felt in Nepal, India, Bangladesh and more avalanches were reported near Everest. (Also Read: Nepal Earthquake – 6.7 magnitude earthquake hits Nepal, fresh tremors felt across India)
Over 1,000 people stranded in quake-hit Nepal have reached back to India in an IAF aircraft since yesterday.
Stay with us for the Live Updates:
• Samajwadi Party MP wants associate MP’s relative to be saved first
• MHA Nepal confirms over 3,700 dead and 6700 injured.
• 108 people missing, 336 stranded from West Bengal in Nepal
• 100 more tents & blankets will be airlifted from India.
• 58 tons of bottled water will be airlifted, 5 more Medical teams will be rushed to Nepal.
• Young Telugu actor K Vijay dies in Nepal Earthquake.
• One million children have been affected- by earthquake in Nepal.
• The Indian Air Force sets up airborne ambulance
• We are standing with people of Nepal: HM
• Buses sent from Bihar, UP to rescue, says HM
• PM Modi is closely monitoring the situation, says Rajnath Singh
• Home Minister Rajnath Singh issues statement on Nepal Earthquake in Lok Sabha, says “Our prayers go out for every individual affected by the crisis. Our Prime Minister Narendra Modi has made relief for Nepal our top priority,” adding every Indians stands with Nepal during this time of crisis.
• SP leader Ram Gopal Yadav criticizes rescue operations and slammed the Indian Embassy for not evacuating his nephew.
• Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Managing Committee sends 25,000 food packets to Nepal
• Rescue operations fastened in Kathmandu. Special buses to evacuate Indians which will run from Pokhra to Raxaul and from Kathmandu to Gorakhpur
• 24-hour Control Room Number: +91 11 2301 2113, +91 11 2301 4104 and +91 11 2301 7905. (Also Read: Nepal Earthquake: Emergency helpline numbers)
• Fresh tremors in Pashupatinath. Heavy rains in Kathmandu
• Home Minister Rajnath Singh extends help to Nepal, says “We assure every possible help.”
• Indian Air Force rescued nearly 2 thousand Indians from Nepal
• Schools closed in Siliguri and Darjeeling for next 2 days.
• Inter-Ministerial team off to Nepal. Additional Secretary in MHA leaves for Nepal
• Death toll rises to 3,200; Aftershocks hamper relief efforts, heavy rains in Kathmandu
#NepalEarthquake Since 25 April a total of 1935 Indians have been evacuated to India via IAF aircrafts. More flights are expected today.
— Vikas Swarup (@MEAIndia) April 27, 2015
• Air India slashes fare to Kathmandu. Fare reduced from Rs. 14,000 to 4,700
• Siliguri people trapped in Nepal
• 25 Indians trapped at Hydro Plant
• Total 1,417 Indians stranded in quake-hit Nepal have been evacuated and brought to India via IAF aircrafts
— Vikas Swarup (@MEAIndia) April 26, 2015