United States President Donald Trump on Wednesday addressed the US Congress for the first time since taking control of the Oval Office. Trump, who has the enormous task of ensuring citizens in the US – especially immigrants – about the government’s interest in safeguarding their rights, spoke about Obamacare and his persistent willingness to erect the wall with Mexico.
Updates from 1st Presidential address of Donald Trump:
- Ordered Dept. of Homeland Security to create office called “VOICE” — Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement
- Tonight, I am also calling on this Congress to repeal and replace Obamacare
- Buy American and Hire American
- ISIS kills Muslims, Christians, people from all faiths. We vow to destroy it with help of our allies including in Muslim world.
- We are also taking strong measures to protect our nation from radical Islamic terrorism
- We will soon begin the construction of a great, great wall along our southern border
- By finally enforcing immigration laws,we will raise wages,help unemployed, save billions of dollars, & make our communities safer
- I will not allow the mistakes of recent decades past to define the course of our future
- Surge of optimism is placing impossible dreams firmly within our grasp.What we are witnessing today is renewal of American spirit.
- We condemn hate in all its ugly forms, the threats targeting Jewish centres and the kansas shooting