At least 28 Hindus were massacred and buried in graves by Rohingya militants. These graves have been identified in Rakhine province of Myanmar. According to the Myanmar army, the barbaric act has been executed by Rohingya militants connected with the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA). According to news agencies the information, however, is yet to be verified. The Rakhine region is a sensitive region which has been the center of communal violence in the country for long. The place is a major hub of Rohingya people who are now heading and fleeing towards the Bangladeshi and Indian territories for shelter after forced cleanup by the Myanmar army as per their Government’s direction.

A statement published on the Army chief’s website said, “Security members found and dug up 28 dead bodies of Hindus who were cruelly violently and killed by ARSA extremist Bengali terrorists in Rakhine State.”

Bodies of 20 men and, 8 women were recovered from the graves out of which 8 are minors aged 10 or less.

According to reports, the Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army is the body responsible for the killings. The insurgent group which was formally known as Harakh al-Yaqin aims at creating a separate democratic state for the Rohingyas in Myanmar. ARSA has previously been warned by the state government for the allegations on them of murdering up to 44 civilians and kidnapping 22 others.

The group is responsible for the sad state of Rohingya refugees who had to flee their country as Myanmar army launched a fully fledged operation to wipe Rohingyas out of their territory. According to UN reports, more than 430,000 Rohingyas have fled to Bangladesh and India in search of a better and safe life.

Several Hindu and Buddhist families have also left the state in search of shelter away from terror. The families have fled due to the continuous assault they had t go through from ARSA.

Earlier on Wednesday, a Buddhist mob in Myanmar threw petrol bombs in a bid to block a boat carrying aid for Rohingya Muslims in conflict-hit Rakhine state before police fired warning shots to disperse them. The incident happened when the boat was being loaded with relief supplies from the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in Rakhine’s capital Sittwe.