Despite suffering multiple casualties in a violent face-off with India in the Galway Valley area, China has still not disclosed how many of its soldiers were killed in the incident. This decision of the Chinese Communist Party has upset Chinese families who lost their loved ones in the incident, US-based Breitbart News has reported. According to Breitbart, the Chinese government is struggling to silence the families of soldiers who are using Weibo and other platforms to vent their anger and frustration.

Following the June 15 incident, the Indian government had acknowledged that 20 of its soldiers were killed in the brawl with the Chinese troops.

The Chinese government has acknowledged the deaths of only a few officers so far. Indian intercepts have revealed that the Chinese side suffered 43 casualties including the dead and seriously injured.

Read Also: US to ‘posture appropriately’ to counter China’s aggression against India, Vietnam and others: Mike Pompeo

Read Also:China forcing citizens to work in ‘horrendous conditions’ on BRI projects: US report

Although the Chinese government is mum regarding the casualties, its state-media editor-in-chief had revealed that the Chinese side has also suffered casualties during the June 15 face-off with Indian troops in Ladakh.

“Based on what I know, the Chinese side also suffered casualties in the Galwan Valley physical clash,” Hu Xijin, Editor-in-Chief of Chinese state-run media said in a tweet.

According to multiple reports, Chinese families are using Weibo to express their frustration over the secrecy of their government

The June 15 violent face-off occurred after China attempted to unilaterally change the status quo during de-escalation in eastern Ladakh. India has said that the situation could have been avoided if the agreement at the higher level been scrupulously followed by the Chinese side.

Read Also:US imposes visa restrictions against Chinese officials over Hong Kong security bill

For all the latest World News, download NewsX App