President Murmu addresses joint session, says ‘India finding solution to world problems’
31 January, 2023 | Vaishali Sharma
The Budget Session of Parliament began at 11 a.m. today, January 31, 2023. Droupadi Murmu, President of India, addressed both houses in a combined session.
The Budget Session of Parliament began at 11 a.m. today, January 31, 2023. Droupadi Murmu, President of India, addressed both houses in a combined session. The Economic Survey will be released, along with economic growth predictions for fiscal years 2023-24. The Economic Survey will be tabled in Parliament by Nirmala Sitharaman. As the session opens today, the Opposition parties are expected to raise numerous topics, including the Adani Group’s dropping stocks in light of a research firm’s study and the BBC documentary series on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Here is what she said while addressing the joint session:
- Today, India’s self-confidence is at its highest and the world is looking at her from a different perspective. India is providing solutions to the world.
- 2047, we have to build a nation that will be connected to the pride of the past and which will have all the golden chapters of modernity. We have to build an India that will be ‘aatmanirbhar’ and capable to fulfill its humanitarian duties.”
- From abrogating Article 370 in J&K to abolishing Triple Talaq, my government has taken major decisions
- Today, there is a stable, fearless and decisive government in the country that is working towards realising the big dreams.
- About 11 crore families have been connected with piped water supply in three years under the Jal Jeevan Mission. Poor families are getting the maximum benefit from this.
- My government has worked for every section of society without any discrimination. As a result of the efforts of my government in the last few years, many basic facilities have either reached 100% population or are very close to that target.
- The benefit of a stable and decisive govt is being reaped by us against the biggest crisis in 100 years and in tackling the situation that arose after it.
- Wherever there is political instability anywhere in the world, those countries are surrounded by a massive crisis. But due to the decisions my govt took in the national interest, India is in a better position as compared to other countries.
- My government is of the clear opinion that corruption is the biggest enemy of democracy and social justice. To seize the property of fugitive economic offenders, my government passed the Fugitive Economic Offenders Act.
- With complete transparency, more than Rs 27 lakh crores have been provided to crores of people. A World Bank report states that with such schemes & systems India was able to save crores of people from dropping below the poverty line during COVID. We’ve seen that during COVID period, how living had become difficult for the poor across the world. But, India is one of those countries that gave highest priority to protecting the lives of the poor & tried to see that no poor in the country sleeps on an empty stomach
- My government has awakened the aspirations of the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Classes. Now that basic facilities are reaching them, these people are able to see new dreams.
- ‘Garibi hatao’ is not just a slogan anymore. My government is working to have a permanent solution to the problems of the poor and empowering them.
- The ‘Aspirational districts’ program is now being repeated at the block level, for which, 500 blocks have been identified in the country. The ‘Vibrant villages’ program to develop villages in border areas has also been introduced.
- Women empowerment has been at the core of all schemes introduced by my govt. Today, we’re seeing the success of ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’. For the first time in the country, no. of women is more than men and the health of women has also improved more than before.
- I’m delighted that my Govt has decided to extend PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana in accordance with the new circumstances. This is the identity of a sensitive & pro-poor govt. This scheme is being appreciated across the world.
- On one side Ayodhya Dham is being developed and on the other side, a modern Parliament is being constructed. While redevelopment of Kedarnath Dham and development of Kashi Vishwanath Dham corridor & Mahakal project completed, simultaneously medical college is being made in every district.
- My government has continuously laid unprecedented emphasis on innovation and entrepreneurship. Today our youth are showing the power of their innovation to the world.
- As a result of new initiatives by my government, our defence exports have increased six times. I am proud that today the first indigenous aircraft carrier in the form of INS Vikrant has also joined our Navy.
- India is moving forward with the inspiration of Pancha Parana. My govt is working to eliminate mindset and symbols of colonialism. What was once called ‘Rajpath’ is now ‘Kartavyapath’.
- On one hand, we are developing our pilgrimage centres and historic heritage, while on the other hand, India is becoming a major space power in the world. India has launched first private satellite too.
- Today, on one hand, India is taking its ancient knowledge of Yoga and Ayurveda to the world. On the other hand, it is enhancing its new identity as ‘pharmacy of the world’
- India holds the presidency of the G20 this year. Along with all member states of G20, India aims to find solutions to world problems.
- Today, the world understands the tough stand taken against terrorism by India. This is the reason why today India’s being heard seriously by the world on the issue of terrorism.
The Economic Survey document, prepared by the Economic Division of the Ministry of Finance’s Department of Economic Affairs and formulated under the supervision of chief economic adviser V Anantha Nageswaran, will provide insights into the state of the economy and various indicators in the current fiscal year 2022-23 (April-March) and outlook for the following year.