Corps commander talks between India-China lasts 12-hrs
1 July, 2020 | newsx bureau
The third round of the Corps-Commander level meeting ends at 11 pm on Tuesday, officials on both sides discuss modalities of disengagement along the Line of Actual Control.
The third round of Corps Commander-level meeting between armies of India and China went on for 12 hours, said Army sources on Wednesday.
“The third round of Corps Commander-level meeting between India and China went on for 12 hours and got over at 11 PM last night,” said Army Sources.
Corps Commander-level meeting between armies of India and China was held in Chushul on Tuesday, to resolve the ongoing dispute over Chinese aggression along the Line of Actual Control in Eastern Ladakh area, said Indian Army Sources.
The first two rounds had taken place in Moldo on the Chinese side of the LAC.
Also read: ‘Strongly concerned’: China on India’s decision to ban 59 Chinese apps
Also read: 80 crore people will get free ration till November end, announces PM
In the second round of Corps Commander-level talks held on June 22, both sides reached a mutual consensus to disengage in the Eastern Ladakh sector, army sources said.
The modalities for disengagement from all friction areas in Eastern Ladakh were discussed and these will be taken forward by both sides, sources added.
The military commanders from both sides had met initially on June 6 and had agreed to disengage at multiple locations. India had asked the Chinese side to return to pre-May 4 military positions along the LAC.
The Chinese side had not given any response to the specific Indian proposal and not even shown intent on the ground to withdraw troops from rear positions where they had amassed over 10,000 troops.
India and China have been involved in talks to ease the ongoing border tensions since last month. Twenty Indian soldiers lost their lives in a violent face-off in Galwan valley on June 15-16 after an attempt by the Chinese troops to unilaterally change the status quo during the de-escalation.
Indian intercepts revealed that the Chinese side suffered 43 casualties including dead and seriously injured in the face-off.
Also read: Rahul Gandhi’s attack on BJP: Make in India but buys from China