IIFA: The green carpet story
4 April, 2023 | Archana Raj
The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) has led the way in breaking tradition by using a green carpet instead of red. They replaced the red carpet with a green one as part of their ‘Gree...
The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) has led the way in breaking tradition by using a green carpet instead of red. They replaced the red carpet with a green one as part of their ‘Greening the IIFAs’ project to raise awareness about climate change.
At the dawn of the new millennium in the year 2000 in the heart of London at the iconic Millenium Dome, one of the greatest and biggest entertainment IP’s of the 21st century was born – IIFA.
Proud to be leaders of the Industry, IIFA has always put the environmental agenda at the realm of IIFA Weekend & Awards in 2007 when they launched the concept ‘Greening The IIFA’s’ and came up with the idea of symbolizing this idea with Bright Green Carpets instead of traditional red ones.
With stars from Sienna Miller, Colin Firth, Amitabh Bachchan to Priyanka Chopra IIFA has done proud to make a difference and continue to thrive doing so in advocating that we can all make a difference to our home, our world. IIFA has always helped create clever messaging on the environment that the stars and celebrities involved would convey to the audiences and fans globally and today with the power of celebrity following, it’s worked.
Dedicated to building bridges across cinemas, businesses, communities and nations, creating everyone’s dream: “One People. One World”, 21 years ago, the dream to take Indian cinema to the world had come true and a celebration was brought to life that connected people, countries, cultures and nations with the platform of cinema.
Taking inspiration from IIFA’s green carpet tradition, the Oscars too followed the tradition this year with a fashion award show with a distinctly different dress code: The Green Carpet Fashion Awards. The IIFA has always helped create innovative environmental messages. In this way, celebrities and stars would convey their messages to viewers and fans, and even award platforms worldwide.
Bringing alive the magical and unforgettable memories from over the years as IIFA journeyed the world.
The awards reflect the commitment of fashion houses to sustainability.
The countdown to the biggest celebration of Indian cinema had begun. The International Indian Film Academy and Awards (IIFA) is scheduled to take place at Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, on May 26th and 27th, 2023.
The following points must be noted
· Media Accreditations for IIFA 2023 is OPEN on https://iifa.com/news
· All customers with existing tickets will receive revised tickets for the new dates automatically.
· Existing ticket holders can also request a refund by emailing their request to the respective ticketing platform, from which the purchase was made within 10 working days. All refunds will then be processed accordingly.
· Tickets will continue to be on sale for the new dates with immediate effect on etihadarena.ae & platinumlist.net
· Fans and media are welcome to keep abreast of the latest news and details on IIFA and Hindi cinema by logging on to www.iifa.com or checking out the Social Media Handles:
· IIFA Website www.iifa.com
· IIFA social media handles:
· Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/iifa
· Twitter – https://twitter.com/iifa
· Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/IIFA/