Iran disowns Salman Rushdie’s Attacker, blamed author for attack
16 August, 2022 | Pranay Lad
Salman Rushdie: A top UK lawmaker has denounced Iran for its “sickening” assertion that Sir Salman Rushie is solely responsible for his stabbing. Shadow foreign minister for the UK, Dav...
Salman Rushdie: A top UK lawmaker has denounced Iran for its “sickening” assertion that Sir Salman Rushie is solely responsible for his stabbing.
Shadow foreign minister for the UK, David Lammy, asked the government to immediately exert “diplomatic pressure” on the Iranian regime to retract the remarks.
Salman Rushdie and his followers are being held accountable by the Iranian government for the vicious attack on his life, which is genuinely terrible, according to Mr. Lammy.
Iran had already attempted to disassociate itself from the incident.
Sir Salman was attacked in New York State on Friday night as he was getting ready to give a lecture on freedom of expression, according to Nasser Kanaani, a spokesman for the foreign ministry.
Nasser Kanaani, a spokesman for the foreign ministry, reported that Sir Salman was attacked in New York on Friday night as he was getting ready to give a lecture on freedom of expression.
He claimed that “Salman Rushdie and his backers are to fault for what happened to him.” Salman Rushdie’s insults of religion and offence of its sanctities are not justified by the right of free speech, according to this statement.
In 1989, a year after Satanic Versus was released, Ayatollah Khomeini, the then-leader of Iran, issued a fatwa, or religious decree, urging Muslims to murder the author. It was never taken away.
Silvana Fardos, the mother of the 24-year-old suspect, stated that her son’s behaviour changed drastically post his return from Lebanon in 2018, where he went to see his father. Fardos added that she has “disowned” her son for the crime that he has committed.”
Silvana Fardos, the mother of the 24-year-old suspect, further stated that her son’s behaviour significantly changed after he returned from Lebanon in 2018, where he went to see his father. Fardos also stated that she has “disowned” her son for his alleged crime. “I feel sorry that Mr Rushdie has to go through this. I won’t bother talking to him again, as I told the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), which is what I did. He bears accountability for his deeds,” she told a news agency.
According to the mayor of the village, Matar, 24, was born in the US to parents who immigrated from Yaroun in southern Lebanon, close to the Israeli border.
After a month-long vacation to Lebanon in 2018, Matar’s mother claimed to a news agency that her son had become grumpy and more devout.
Matar had previously resided in New Jersey with his mother.
“I expected him to return inspired, to finish school, to obtain his degree, and to find employment. Instead, he barricaded himself in the cellar. He had undergone a significant shift; for months, he kept silent to his sisters and myself, Silvana Fardos stated.
Also Read: Terrorist Organization with Al Qaeda Ties Claims to Have Killed 4 Russian Mercenaries: Report
Follow us: Twitter