Portfolios allocated to Himachal Pradesh ministers
12 January, 2023 | Amish Mahajan
Himachal CM Sukhwinder Singh Sukhu has divided the departments. Chief Secretary Prabodh Saxena issued a notification about the division of ministers' portfolios late at night.
Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu allocated portfolios to ministers on Wednesday. Colonel Dhaniram Shandil will be the Health and Family Welfare Minister. He will also hold the portfolios of Social Justice and Empowerment and Labor and Employment. Chandra Kumar will be the Minister of Agriculture and Animal Husbandry Department. Harshvardhan Chauhan will be the Industries Minister. He will also look after parliamentary affairs and the AYUSH department.
Jagat Singh Negi will also handle the responsibility of the Horticulture and Tribal Development Department along with revenue. Rohit Thakur will be the Education Minister, while Anirudh Singh has been appointed Minister of Rural Development and the Panchayati Raj Department. Vikramaditya Singh will take over the responsibility of Public Works Minister. A notification related to the division of portfolios of ministers was issued late at night by Chief Secretary Prabodh Saxena.
Who has which department –
- Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu: Finance, General Administration, Home, Planning, Personnel and all other departments, which were not allotted to anyone.
- Mukesh Agnihotri: Department of Jal Shakti, Transport, Language, Art and Culture.
- Col. Dhaniram Shandil: Health and Family Welfare, Social Justice and Empowerment and Labor and Employment.
- Chandra Kumar: Agriculture, Animal Husbandry Department.
- Harshvardhan Chauhan: Industry, Parliamentary Affairs and AYUSH Department.
- Jagat Singh Negi: Revenue, Horticulture and Tribal Development Department.
- Rohit Thakur: Department of Higher Education, Primary Education, Technical Education, Vocational and Industrial Training.
- Anirudh Singh: Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Department.
- Vikramaditya Singh: Public Works and Youth Services and Sports Department.
Deputy Chief Minister Mukesh Agnihotri will have three portfolios. He will be responsible for Jal Shakti, Transport, Language, Art and Culture Department. Chief Minister Sukhu has kept all the portfolios which have not been given to any minister. After the division of departments, all the government ministers will handle the departments’ work.