
Man Shot Dead After Entering Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort. Photos: X
A man was shot and killed by US Secret Service agents early Sunday after he tried to enter the restricted security zone of Mar‑a‑Lago, the private resort of former President Donald Trump in West Palm Beach, Florida.
The incident happened while US President Trump was in Washington, and no individuals under protection were present at the property, the Secret Service said.
According to reports, the man shot and killed at Mar-a-Lago has been identified as 21-year-old Austin T. Martin from Cameron, North Carolina.
Authorities said he was armed with a shotgun and carrying fuel when he entered the property, reportedly gaining access as a guest was leaving.
According to reports, Martin’s family had reported him missing a day earlier.
Investigators are also examining whether he purchased the firearm during his drive from North Carolina to Florida, as per reports.
According to the US Secret Service, the man, believed to be in his 20s, entered a restricted area of the resort, breaching a zone that is normally off-limits to unauthorized people. Agents confronted him as he moved inside the secure perimeter, and shots were fired, resulting in the man’s death. His identity has not yet been released by officials.
The Secret Service confirmed the shooting in a brief statement, saying personnel responded to the breach and used lethal force after determining the man posed a threat as he crossed into the protected area. Investigators are now trying to piece together exactly why he tried to enter the property and whether he was armed or carrying anything dangerous.
Local law enforcement and federal agents have cordoned off the area while they conduct interviews and examine evidence. So far, there is no indication that the shooting was part of a larger plot, and no other people were injured in the incident.
Mar-a-Lago is a heavily secured property that has seen other security breaches in the past, including earlier attempted entries and threats that required Secret Service action. Such incidents underscore the broad challenges of protecting high-profile locations even when the person they’re built to protect is not present.
Officials say the investigation is ongoing and they will release more information as it becomes available.
Often referred to as the “Winter White House,” Mar-a-Lago is President Donald Trump’s Florida residence. He purchased the expansive Spanish-style estate in 1985 for $10 million, later turning it into the Trump family’s seasonal retreat.
Constructed in 1927, the Palm Beach property operates as an exclusive private members’ club, granting guest access to most of the estate except for the family’s private quarters.
During his presidency, Trump regularly hosted world leaders, celebrities, and business executives there for high-profile events, fundraisers, and diplomatic meetings.
Also Read: Armed Man Shot Dead After Attempting To Breach Security At Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago In Florida
Manisha Chauhan is a passionate journalist with 3 years of experience in the media industry, covering everything from trending entertainment buzz and celebrity spotlights to thought-provoking book reviews and practical health tips. Known for blending fresh perspectives with reader-friendly writing, she creates content that informs, entertains, and inspires. When she’s not chasing the next viral story, you’ll find her diving into a good book or exploring new wellness trends.
Mexico’s armed forces have killed Nemesio “El Mencho: Oseguera, whom authorities had identified as the…
Fans demand Sanju Samson in the playing XI as India suffer a top-order collapse against…
Stay updated with the latest T20 World Cup 2026 Super 8 points table after South…